Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CSI Miami Error  (Read 3668 times)

JessicaB

CSI Miami Error
« on: October 26, 2006, 11:53:01 AM »
Hello All.

Well, I have a new addiction in the form of the CSI games and I am onto the third and final one, and my addiction is being severly hampered by an annoying game flaw. This is what happens...

Im on Case 2 'Crack or Jack'. I go to the location 'Sanchez' Car', the cut scene plays and then the location appears, then I get a pop up screen that states 'CSI Miami has caused an error in BINKW32.DLL CSI will now close' blah blah blah. I have tried downloading the patch for the game and this has had no effect. I have also tried downloading the bink file and replacing the game bink with the new downloaded one and that doesn't work because the game doesn't recognise it (because it doesn't recognise it as licensed???) and really I'm just lost. Does anyone have any tips? Thank you  ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 11:53:26 AM by JessicaB »

Raptor

Re: CSI Miami Error
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:13:55 PM »
Try reinstalling it.

What type of Internet security do you use? Did you try contacting the CSI game developer technical support to see if its a known issue?

JessicaB

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 05:29:51 PM »
Tried re-installing it after I downloaded the patch and then I started the scene from beginning. I had experienced the same crash earlier in the game and re-installation seemed to fix it because the fault didn't occur in the same place but now it's happened again.

I'm using AVG internet security at the minute.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 05:30:28 PM by JessicaB »

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 05:09:11 PM »
Scan for viruses and spyware.

Diagnose your RAM and HDD...

Did you try patching the game?