Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop monitor  (Read 1901 times)

swimstud

Topic Starter

Rookie
    laptop monitor
    « on: October 25, 2006, 01:11:24 PM »
    ok, so i want to hook up my laptop to a tv with a VGA connector. the problem is that my laptop wont let me make the tv my primary monitor, and thus, my  laptop screen must remain on while i watch movies on my Tv.  Is there a way to disable my laptop monitor so that the only display is the tv.  i fooled around with the display options, but the tab that says "make this my primary monitor" is checked, and greyed out so i cant modify that field for my laptop screen.  any help would be great.  thanks

GX1_Man

Re: laptop monitor
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:27:20 PM »
    You will have to help us first.

Do we get a hint about the make/model or components of the laptop? I have guessed all I can for the week, and it's only Wednesday.

See below.

swimstud

Topic Starter

Rookie
      « Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:37:44 PM »
      ok, so I have a ThinkPad T60 with a 15 inch display.  it has a ATI mobility Radeon X1400 (128mb, max resolution 1400x1050).  I am running xp home.  The output from my laptop is VGA.  The system specs are a T2400 Intel @1.83GHz and 1GB of ram.  I can’t think of anything else important.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 02:19:20 PM »
      I have a function key on my laptop which allows me to use the displays individually. Did you check the laptop manual?