Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with Hitman and BF2  (Read 10934 times)

Seba

Trouble with Hitman and BF2
« on: October 27, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »
When I am playing Hitman Bloodmoney or Battlefield 2 my mouse and my keyboard have a mind of their own. And only those two games which happen to be the only two I wanna play. My other games work fine Doom 3, or Oblivion just these two. I either cant move or I cant stop moving with the keyboard and the mouse. But in Windows everything works fine. Even in the menu screen of the game every thing works fine just when I play. I updated my drivers at least im 99% sure I did yesterday. Its annoying and id appreciate any help so I can play my games. :'(

R0SS

Re: Trouble with Hitman and BF2
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:15:47 AM »
How powerfull is your computer? whats its Specs?

R0SS

Seba

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:13:15 PM »
I have
- AMD Sempron 1.3 ghz processor
- ATI Radeon x700 PRO Video card
-Sound Blaster Audigy 4
-600w Power Supply
-1ghz of DDR Ram
-Via KM or KN 400 not sure.

But also which I forgot to say in the first one I use to be able to play Hitman fine it just started happening last week.

Seba

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:39:56 PM »
Oh and one more thing to add I switched out my keyboard and mouse which were both logitech wireless devices with a usb keyboard was directly connected and another mouse. The keyboard was a GE and the mouse was Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0. And then I used a serial connection keyboard, and then a standard GE mouse directly connected with usb and then tried a usb adapter to serial. And they work fine until I play those games. Then they have a mind of their own.

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 12:05:02 AM »
    Maybe this has something to do with ur CPU..

Its so old, that i would not bet it could run any of the games that u have stated at 1/2 a frame.
    This really dosent make any sence. You CPU is not only very old, but its a Sempron, wich is a very bad CPU alltogether..
    And i think u mean 1GB of RAM.
    That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

Seba

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 10:29:54 AM »
    I do mean one GB. But it can run Hitamn fine and Elderscrolls Oblivion fine until last week. The only thing thats old is the motherboard from 2004.

Seba

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 10:41:42 AM »
    Also my computer more then surpasses every minimum requirement to date so what are you talking about? And hits the most maximum requirements of last year. I need help with my problem not comment on my system or correction to what I say to make you feel better because you know what I said.

Neil

Expert
    • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
      « Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 10:53:37 AM »
      Actually lots of games have a minimum requirement above 1.3Ghz but with a decent graphics card, they should still run fine.

Find out how to enable the Frames Per Second counter in your games. Then tell us what the FPS is. If the FPS is high enough (>20) then we'll know it's unlikely that your computer is too slow to run the game, and it's some other problem.

Have you tried using PS/2 mouse and keyboard? Latest patches for the game? Also try using a "simple" keyboard rather than one with complex buttons etc, which might be causing some kind of interference for some reason.

But the FPS number is important, so please try to find it.
      « Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:54:10 AM by Neil »

Seba

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 11:51:29 PM »
      Thank you but what i am saying is I played Hitman blood money fine for over 1 month and beat it at the highest settings. Only until last week have I had these problems. I will look for the fps but im telling you its probably something different since I was able to play it already fine.

Neil

Expert
        « Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 06:49:35 AM »
        I think so too, but at least then we can completely rule out that possibility.

If you have not done so already, go to start > run > dxdiag

What does the computer report its processor and RAM as? Run the DirectX tests on the Display tab.

homer

Expert
          « Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 12:37:24 PM »
          in addition to what Neil is asking, what type of mouse is it? PS/2 or USB, wired or wireless?

Seba

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 10:05:49 PM »
          Oh my god. Alright let me try to make this a little bit more simple. My computer has worked fine with the video games. Let me say it again "Worked fine before"/ "Beat the games". Telling me my computer cant handle something or talking about fps or anything about how my computer is hold is irrelevant because it has worked "Perfect". I say one more time worked "Perfect". My computer can handle the games. Last week ( say again because no one seems to get this part unless you guys are messing with me) it just started "Just Started messing up". So my problem is the games that worked perfect for me, all of the sudden Last week my mouse Started to act erratic and so did my keyboard while playing the game. I have tried a USB mouse & keyboard / Serial mouse & keyboard / & Wireless mouse & keyboard. So please no more responses telling me what I cant do because obviously I can. And for those that keep wanting to be smart close your eyes pretend its the most perfect computer and you have my problem. Then only then give me a resonse.  

P.S One last time it worked fine "It Just Last Week Stopped Working"

Raptor

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2006, 12:11:44 AM »
          Lmao, people are completely missing the point. This is hilarious!

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2006, 08:31:22 AM »
            A P4 3.0Ghz is one thing, but a Sempron 1.3Ghz is just crazy.
            That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

Neil

Expert
              « Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 08:31:42 AM »
              I think so too, but at least then we can completely rule out that possibility.

[highlight]If you have not done so already, go to start > run > dxdiag[/highlight]

[highlight]What does the computer report its processor and RAM as? Run the DirectX tests on the Display tab.
              [/highlight]

PS Ignore Track.
              « Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 08:32:03 AM by Neil »