Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No Sound  (Read 2275 times)

dan_c_23

No Sound
« on: November 01, 2006, 01:58:04 PM »
For some reason im getting no sound out of my speakers for the laptop. I tried installing audio devices so that sound would play but my music and movies dont play since there are no sound devices. How can I fix this? Also, I cannot change the style of Windows back to Windows XP style and its stuck on Windows Classic.

GX1_Man

Re: No Sound
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 02:37:25 PM »
I can't quite see it from here so please post the make and model number and a LOT of details. See below.

dan_c_23

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 02:56:01 PM »
K i'll try and be more specific. My laptop suddenly is not playing any sound and i've checked if all my audio devices are enabled and they are but im not sure whats happening. I can also tell you that I cannot access volume controls since no audio devices are installed. I also went to control panel and the sounds, speech and audio devices then sounds and audio devices and the properties say that there are no devices installed for audio. So microphone doesnt work, speakers dont work. Can you help me with this problem. Also, if anyone has time could they see why my windows media center is on windows classic style and why i cannot change it back to Windows XP style thx.

mikewithaprob

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:26:46 PM »
Please post more detail about you computer. For ex: My comp Is Dell Inspiron ___ with, 512 mb ram etc etc

Also i suggest  following the thread made by midnight because it might answer your question.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 03:29:50 PM by mikewithaprob »

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:41:38 PM »
For some reason you still failed to give us adequate information.

dan_c_23

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 04:45:46 PM »
Gateway 1GB Ram, 120 GB, 1.63 GHz processor, is that enough?

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 06:27:55 PM »
Possibly a model number? Have you checked the Gateway site for sound drivers and reinstalled them?

dan_c_23

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 03:47:45 PM »
This is exactly what my computer says when I try to open up volume controls. "There are no active mixer devices available. To install mixer devices, go to Control Panel, click Printers and other hardware, and then click add new hardware". So can anyone help me or what, all I want is some help on getting my sound back on, not more questions. Please. I appreciate any help that is given.

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 05:04:23 PM »
Dan, please realize that there is no "easy" button. We have to know some things about your machine to help. If you are not willing to participate in the solution to YOUR problem, there is little we can do to help.  ;)

dan_c_23

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 06:33:03 PM »
Well does anyone have a suggestion. I did just say that the computer needs a mixer device but im not sure where to get one and how to install it.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2006, 04:05:08 AM »
  • look at case
  • find Gateway sticker
  • note down model nuber
  • report back
Our suggestion is implicit in the responses in this thread: start by getting the correct drivers.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2006, 04:05:26 AM by robpomeroy »
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos