Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installing Game Problems  (Read 2064 times)

JPinp

Installing Game Problems
« on: November 03, 2006, 11:38:23 PM »
Well, i get my paycheck, and pick myself up a nice new game. battlefield 2142, to be exact. I pop it in the cd drive, start installing it, only to be stopped at the very end with a message saying that it does not have the windows logo, therefore it will not continue installation. I checked the driver signer under system in the control panel, set it to ignore if it is windoes verified or not, yet this problem still occurs. Then another message pops up saying that directx could not be installed. when i try to launch the game, it tells me that d3dx_29.dll is missing. so, my friends, how can i fix this problem?

as well, when i try to reinstall directx entirely, it tells me that windows is not activated, therefore it cannot be verified, and cannot download it. but iknow for a fact that this windows is activated, and that its a legal version.

GX1_Man

Re: Installing Game Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:23:42 AM »
Can you get updates via the Windows Update site?

It sounds like you need to call Microsoft to start solving this dilemma. You might want to check the game maker's web site to see if others have reported similar issues.