Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with WMP and IE  (Read 13900 times)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Trouble with WMP and IE
    « Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 01:36:19 AM »
    poopmonkey124 ...... I notice that you have installed AVG antispyware 7.5 ....... What about AVG anti virus ?

Using hijackthis , mark for removal ...the following :

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [WMC_WMPDBExport] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmdbexport.exe        [highlight]why do you have a WGA bypass installed if your XP is legit ?[/highlight]

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

[highlight]Whats going on with .... navisearch ....... ?  It's a program that doesnt even appear to be installed .   does it show up in the control panel as an installed program ?[/highlight]

dl65  ::)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 01:57:02 AM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 10:51:29 AM »
      Woopsie, I'll have to install antivirus, thoght i downloaded that XD.  As for my windows being legit, again, it is realy, and that thing you said to remove, it's not showing up any more, the

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [WMC_WMPDBExport] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmdbexport.exe

Can't find that anywhere.

As for Navisearch, it's not installed anymore, but it continues to show up in my scans, and cannot be removed.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »
      Again I must stress I DO have a LEGIT and LEGAL version of windows, I just cannot find my XP CD.....

Unfortunately in your current predicament this is the same as not being legit...

Borrow an XP CD backup your data and do a format and clean install.
      Afterwards contact the Mothership to register XP, otherwise you have 30 days to fool with it.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "