Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New ram fried comp  (Read 2117 times)

kenitay

New ram fried comp
« on: November 04, 2006, 09:02:01 AM »
hey everyone I just stuck some new ram in one of my comps and now it wont work at all.  I put the ram in right and everything, and now when i turn my comp on it just makes a funny beeping sound with a blank screen.  It dosn't try and start up or nething.  So I try and take out the ram I put in and start it and same thing.  All i did was try to update my ram from512 to 1gb and now my comp wont work at all.  *censored*, I have done the same operation before on my other comp 4 times now and never had a problem what so ever,  can someone help me.PLZ

EZFrag

Re: New ram fried comp
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 09:57:12 AM »
well, not knowing your system specs, its hard to tell you what the problem is. Does your new ram work on you other computers? If so, you might have broken a circuit on your mobo when you installed the ram. Sometimes, some mobos will not be able to handle larger ram. It depends on the specs of your mobo. Sorry couldn't be more help. Good luck to you.

mikewithaprob

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 10:09:17 AM »
Well, Does the computer turn on without the new ram in it? Make sure you have the ram securely put in and properly put in. AS Raptor said to me Did it Click? Did the white holders go into the notch in the ram? And If your not sure how to put the ram in, look it up in Google. Is this stick of ram the only one in your computer? Because If it is just make sure it is put in correct. And if it isn't try turning it on with the new ram not in it and see if it still works.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 10:11:01 AM by mikewithaprob »

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 11:21:30 AM »
Take out the CMOS battery for a minute or so, and put the original RAM securely in. What happens now?

I'll bet the new RAM was not compatible with the board or with the existing RAM. If you provide some details we can speculate further. All RAM is not the same.