Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Creative SB Audigy Firewire port stopped working  (Read 2435 times)

johnhaup

Creative SB Audigy Firewire port stopped working
« on: November 17, 2006, 04:07:15 PM »
Okay, here's the deal:

I have an external enclosure with two IDE drives in it.  The enclosure connects to the firewire port on my Soundblaster Audigy 2 soundcard.  Everything worked fine until a few days ago when I rearranged the computer area and, after moving the computer 3 feet over, the external drives were no longer detected and my speakers snap, crackle, and pop like it's nobody's business.  The firewire port is still shown in device manager.  What I've tried so far:

1. Switching the PCI slot the soundcard is in
2. Updating all drivers
3. Switching to different IRQs
4. Installing a simple 3-port firewire PCI card and plugging the enclosure into that (card was detected, drives were not)

All wire are connected and all ports have been tried.  What should I do??

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Creative SB Audigy Firewire port stopped worki
    « Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 04:09:45 PM »
    Try a different cable

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

johnhaup

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 04:52:38 PM »
    oh man if i buy a new cable and the solution was that simple i'll feel like a real moron

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 01:20:28 PM »
    You could also try un-installing the firewire port in Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager...Windows will automatically re-install it on reboot.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "