Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Media Player 11 problem! (uninstalling)  (Read 2928 times)

Rish

Windows Media Player 11 problem! (uninstalling)
« on: November 04, 2006, 04:30:20 PM »
Ok i followed nearly every procedure i found on google, and nothing worked for me, so i deciced to just go on safe mode and delete the folder of windows media player and also take it out from my back up drive. Ok now finally windows media player is gone for good. So i want my old windows media plauer 10 back..and i got the setup but it stil says that u have more recent version of wmp installed. before it used to say u have wmp 11 installed which is more recent..now it just says u have a more recent one..but doesnt say which..which i presume that wmp 11 is still on my computer sumwhere! and i really need my windows media player 10 back!  

reason is cuz my portable media player doesnt seem to be recognized with the new wmp 11..so yea.
anyone help! plz! i will really appreciate it! its been like a month!

GX1_Man

Re: Windows Media Player 11 problem! (uninstalling
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 06:36:00 PM »
Well a month ago I believe it was still a beta, and now it is an official product. What if you reinstall the latest whiz bang from Microsoft? Maybe it works now. If not, maybe at least you can uninstall the darn thing.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Rish

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 06:38:04 AM »
yea ive been on that a lot of times! didnt work for me..tho i dont seem to have 'Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0.0' so maybe that makes a difference..but yea its not on my list, even if i have the update box checked.

Rish

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 07:19:44 AM »
Well a month ago I believe it was still a beta, and now it is an official product. What if you reinstall the latest whiz bang from Microsoft? Maybe it works now. If not, maybe at least you can uninstall the darn thing.

yeah thx..tho i had to find a crack version, cuz my windows media said that my windows wasnt genuine..

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 02:46:05 PM »
And I guess it wasn't because if you call Microsoft they will assist if it is legal.  ;)

Let me guess. XP Pro?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 02:55:10 PM by GX1_Man »

Rish

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 10:27:09 PM »
yeah

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 04:31:47 AM »
Could be a problem with bootleg software, don't you think?  ::)

Rish

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 12:03:11 PM »
wo, i have no clue wat u mean..im not that good with comps..so yea what u mean by bootleg? sumthing to do with the booting of the computer when it starts up?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »
Time to expand your vocabulary: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bootleg   ;)