Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DirectX 9.0c help installing  (Read 2384 times)

Tyler_T

DirectX 9.0c help installing
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:22:25 AM »
Hello, I'm new here and I was wondering if someone could help me install directx 9.0c on my computer.

My computer is a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP on it... I have downloaded the DirectX components but now i cant install it. When I try to install it this is the error message I get: A cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid.

I went to GeekSquad but it turns out that they want $79 for their remote access help and I don't have that money to spend for 10 minutes of help, if that. (I'm still a minor ;))

So, if someone could help me fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

-Tyler

EDIT: I went to control panel > administrative tools > services > cryptographic services and made sure that it was on automatic... so that means that the cabinet file certificate is messed up.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:57:17 AM by Tyler_T »

Tyler_T

Re: DirectX 9.0c help installing
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 03:24:53 PM »
omg... gx1 i love you... and not in wierd perverted way =DDDDDDDDDDD dude... thank you so much i can now play WoW, i thank you so much and you are my hero (L) lol...

GX1_Man

Re: DirectX 9.0c help installing
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 04:29:30 PM »
Glad you are all fixed up and thanks for posting back.  ;)