Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: linux virgin  (Read 3704 times)

tedder

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    linux virgin
    « on: November 08, 2006, 07:14:06 AM »
    I would like to install linux but am at loss where to start,could some body advise please.I have used it on a friends pc but thats the extent of my experience and knowledge. Thanks for your help. :-? ;D
    We are all individuals...always question

GX1_Man

Re: linux virgin
    « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 07:37:17 AM »
    A good recommendation depends on all of your hardware, how your hard drives are set up, do you want o use linux, learn it or both, and a whole lot more details. Have you ever partitioned a hard drive before?

Type away.
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 07:37:47 AM by GX1_Man »

tedder

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 07:51:03 AM »
      No I,ve never partitioned a hard drive. The pc that I was going to try it is a 533ghz old hp.  I will have noting else on it. I think it has 512meg  of ram and a 40gb hd.(it resides in the shed at the moment) I thought that if  i figure out how to install it and use it then i would put it onto my desk top and poss my lap top.
      We are all individuals...always question

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 11:55:15 AM »
      Download and run Everest Home and see what the hardware involved is, if Windows is installed on it. If not, post the model number. It should be fine for that purpose.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
      « Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 11:56:11 AM by GX1_Man »