Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Sound Fuzzy  (Read 3369 times)

peter chen

Laptop Sound Fuzzy
« on: September 22, 2004, 12:41:50 AM »
hi,
I own a A2L laptop from ASUS for about 2 months now. Everything has been running fine until about 3 days ago, when I was able to still hear sound from the speaker nicely at home and could only hear fuzzy sound from the left speaker where the right speaker has constant popping noises.

I tried updating the drivers, no use.
I tried external speakers. same.
I tried microphone. same.
I tried reformatting the computer. (bad idea). no good.
I mailed ASUS. but even when i put in bold letters "I tried upating the driver, it didn't work", they still mailed me back with a reply "Please update the driver"

What could be the problem and what should I do?

peter chen

Re: Laptop Sound Fuzzy
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 12:42:35 AM »
woops.. I meant Headphones.. not Microphones.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 01:30:24 AM »
Perhaps your speakers or soundcard require replacing? I suggest you have it looked at by Asus if it still under warranty.

MalikTous

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 05:15:05 PM »
Insure you have the latest drivers available on the hard drive, and go into Device Manager and remove the sound device from the list.

Reboot and let the machine auto-detect 'audio device'. When it asks for the driver location, point it to the latest drivers directory. Go through and try the appropriate driver versions to see if any of them sound decent.

If it still fails, disable it again to remove access to the hardware and get a USB sound device like the Telex 841. The sound hardware output amplifier is fried...