Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Copying single tracks from CD's making compilation  (Read 2818 times)

kayeff

Copying single tracks from CD's making compilation
« on: November 08, 2006, 08:23:32 AM »
I need to copy single or individual tracks from several of my CD's  (ie favourite tracks ) to make a compilation CD to play in the car.

I used to use Easy CD Creator Platinum 5 because it had a facility called "Soundstream" which allowed me too copy individual tracks from a number of different CD's DIRECT repeat DIRECT to the Disc that I was using as my finished compilation CD.

Since Roxio messed everything up and now have made that incompatible with Windows XP/SP2 I cannot use it anymore.

MY question  therefore is ..........does anyone know of any reliable CD Burning software that will allow me to do just that again , that is :-

Copy individual tracks from CD's direct to another Cd ,that is without loading it on to the hard Drive first.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Copying single tracks from CD's making compila
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 07:32:10 PM »
This is not a good idea.  For highest compatibility, you need to burn single session CDs - i.e. everything in one go.  You can't do that with tracks from multiple source CDs; they need to be stored on your hard drive temporarily.

Have a look in the software FAQ for all the tools you need.  Link is in my signature.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

kayeff

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 02:01:32 AM »
Thanks Rob and I appreciate  your reply , disappointing  in a way as it was because I used to do that compilation CD thing of my favourite tracks, with Soundstream when I could use the ECDC 5.

My personal problem is that I am somewhat of a "dipstick" with " matters computer ".

I find it difficult to even understand what half of the terminology means let alone use it.
However I'll try and work out what you said and mean.

Thanks again

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 03:30:27 AM »
No problem; if you need further help, we're here for you.  :)
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos