Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cant access windows plz. help need 2 do homework  (Read 2704 times)

Jerry23451

Cant access windows plz. help need 2 do homework
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:47:48 AM »
I purchased sys. mechanics 6 Pro. and activated drive cleaner now my cpu stats in what appears to be DOS how ever I know nothing about this. I read a few forums and tried "WIN", "win", "exit", "EXIT" i even started to "win:\>" and nothing. I simply get Bad command or file name - "WIN" or "EXIT".  Please help i know to some this is funny, however my college work is extremely important and I'm much too close to finals to be laughing right now

GX1_Man

Re: Cant access windows plz. help need 2 do homewo
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 10:25:41 AM »
No telling what you have done and those handy dandy programs CAN be dangerous. Reboot the machine and tap f8 several times before the WIndows logo appears to get to safe mode.

From there reboot and see if it starts normally.

If the same errors happen that you mentioned then go back to safe mode and try a system restore to a point before you installed that product.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:26:17 AM by GX1_Man »

Jerry23451

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 10:46:24 AM »
Thank you will try that right now...

... Tried F8, F5 and F6 and it doesn't  even give me chance, windows logo does not even come up. It's an e-machine and the E-machine(r) then I get this
*** iolo technologies system mechanic professional 6 console optios ***
press [1] to start iolo technologies drive medic (R) recovery console
press [2] to start iolo technologies drve scrubber(R)
press [3] to reboot the system

I tried option 3 and was able to access windows thank you for your help. i really like this website and plan on utilizing in the near future. Thank you for the prompt response Found this website to be really helpfull so far. Again thanx    
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 11:00:09 AM by Jerry23451 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 11:57:58 AM »
    Jerry23451....... system mechanic professional 6 ....... is a very good and useful program , however ....... it is also very powerful and if you aren't completely familiar with how to use it , exercise extreme caution .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Jerry23451

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 12:14:17 PM »
         I learned an expensive lesson today with a big discount. All is well with my computer, everything is intacked especially my homework.
         Maybe soon if you don't mind I'll ask some question about the Computer field of work. I am currently in college and extremely interested in this field. However, I can't help but to worry about the competitiveness involved in this line of work and the necesity to maintain your knowledge up to date. I am slightly familiarized with the IT field, due to one fo my good frineds serving with me in the navy. He has explained some basics for general understnding, this being where I discovered my interest in computers past their normal everyday use. Being a veteran, I have a free college ride thru the State of conneticut up to a masters and that is something I do not want to waste.
         Again thanks for your help, I truly did appreciate the quick response and your efforts to help me.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 12:20:09 PM »
       Jerry23451.....  It's good to hear you didn't lose your work. If you have any additional questions , don't hesitate to ask them ......... There are a number of very knowledgeable members here on this forum.

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.