Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: appearence problem  (Read 2192 times)

thouname

appearence problem
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:56:22 PM »
ok, so heres my problem.

when i logged on to my account all the bars and stuff that are normally blue or such, had reverted back to grey for some reason. so i went to the appearence options, changed it to windows xp (or somehting along those lines) and then thats when it got wierd.  what i mean by weird is that i can see very little.  the bar at the bottom only displays the windows insignia, and blackness. when i hit it, i get the icons, but none of the text, same for everything else, i get icons but no text, only black boxes.  i even had to switch to a diffrent account to post this.

sooo, any suggestions

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: appearence problem
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:04:28 PM »
    Need...more...info...gasp  :P

Operating system / antivirus & antispyware protection / service packs installed / when did it start happening / did it ever work right / installed any new software?

Alan <>< :-)
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

thouname

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 02:08:42 PM »
    ya, as i reread that after i posted i figured i should add more info, but i coudlnt find an edit button.

operating system is XP ( i hope), hmm, my computer is pretty heavy on spyware and virus, we have Norton, Zonealarm, we sweep for virus about once a month.  i think we have more too, but i dont know the names of them.  and for the service packs, umm, how exactly would i find out.

it screwed up right after i hit apply, after i set it to WIndows XP, i hyave never had a problem with this computer before.  the last tiem i installed somehting was about half a year ago.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 02:12:48 PM »
      "...and for the service packs, umm, how exactly would i find out. "

Go into Control Panel / System.  It should tell you your service pack there.

Do a system restore to a point prior to the problem starting:

Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System Restore / choose a restore point

Alan <><  :D

I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

thouname

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 03:20:51 PM »
      ok, thanks, but dod i have to do teh system restore on my account or can i do it on a diffrent one. it would be very hard for me to do it on mine cuz, well, i cant see anyhting

note: if there is a way to do it in the command window i can do that, for some reason i can see the command text.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 04:44:58 PM »
      Do you have a real Windows CD if that is required?

thouname

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 05:18:48 AM »
      um, i dont undestand the question.
       i feel very newbiesh right about now

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 05:56:28 AM »
      What don't you understand? Try to use complete sentences. Puncture and grammar are important. ;)