Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hercules MUse 5.1 DVD big bug....  (Read 3393 times)

Hercules VS WINXP SP2

Hercules MUse 5.1 DVD big bug....
« on: September 24, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »
Hello,

Is there any incompatibility between the drivers of Hercules Muse 5.1 and The service pack 2 of windows XP Pro?

I ask this because I have a problem. When I start windows, at the first sound (the start sound) after Login screen, the display stops (as it comes to sleep) nothing responds, i can just push reset button. I have the last driver provided by Hercules (6.39).

My config is
WinXp SP2
MSI K8T NEO (chip via K8T800) with athlon64 3000+
1024 Mb RAM
ATI Radeon 9600

May someone help me???

merlin_2

Re: Hercules MUse 5.1 DVD big bug....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 12:18:41 PM »
what results do you get if you re-boot and keep tapping the f8 key on boot and chose last good config..........is this a self-build machine or a known make..
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 12:19:46 PM by merlin_2 »

BurpWurm

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 05:02:35 AM »
My computer is a self build machine. I have an other sound card integrated in the motherboard (a realtek AC97) which don't give a well sound (I tested) So I changed it. So there is no last good config...
So the question is :
Is that a conflict between the two devices (I try to uninstall the AC97 whitout success)? I disable this sound card in the BIOS now.
Or is the SP2 which does not support this Hercules.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004, 11:07:01 AM »
So there is no last good config...

The last known good configuration is the last known configuration that succesfully loaded Windows. Faulty soundcard or not, the last time you were able to enter Windows will have changed this option in order for you to revert back to that point should things decide to go wrong.