Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: frontpage problem  (Read 3024 times)

janefromme

frontpage problem
« on: November 11, 2006, 08:13:24 AM »
I have created thumbnails of my pictures to help with download time.  I have one particular picture that has been auto thumbnailed that is giving me a problem.  I can display the photo in preview mode but once I save the file and preview it again the picture is not displayed unless I click the "click photo to enlarge box"  Any suggestions.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:13:55 AM by janefromme »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: frontpage problem
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 09:53:36 AM »
What version of FrontPage?  What software are you using to create the thumbnails?  In other words, what do you mean by "auto thumbnailed"?  Did you use exactly the same technique to create all your thumbnails?  Are you sure you've saved the problem thumbnail in the same place as the other ones?  

janefromme

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 05:24:25 AM »
2003.  I using frontpage to create the thumbnail by going to Tools and clicking Auto Thumbnail.  All thumbnails have been created the same way and placed in the same folder.  

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 10:24:49 AM »
I have FrontPage 2000.  I had not used the thumbnail feature but just tried it now.  I see that when I insert a picture, make a thumbnail and then save the file, the original image and the thumbnail are both added to the files in the folder containing the web page files.  Do you see both image files for the problem picture in the folder containing your web page files?  

Try opening them the problem thumbnail and a non-problem thumbnail in Paint.  Do they both open OK?