Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: rapdishare  (Read 2187 times)

yesterday

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    rapdishare
    « on: September 01, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »
    whenever i try to download something from rapidshare i always get this message

that my ip is different from the computer i am using if you ate using aol please use a different browser.
    and it also says that the download link lasts only a short while and it could have expired.

i am using firefox so i tried to use internt explorer it worked once but after that it doesnt work.

then sometimes when it asks me to enter the code it doesnt give the code and calls me a bot! and it says i have entered a wrong code too many tiimes so i must wait or get a premium account.

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: rapdishare
    « Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 09:36:22 AM »
    Are the files over 30 days old? Rapidshare ToS says inactive downloads are removed after 30 days.
    Is it your own personal file? Rapidshare recently change and many accounts have changed. Just verify if its yours that your account is still there.

As for the code, it is the 3 digits at the bottom you type in before submit. Make sure your cookies are enabled and that you are not behind a firewall/annoymiser.

yesterday

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 10:35:47 AM »
      the files are not mine and no they are not old ones. i dont have an account i am using a free account. cookies are enabled i am behind a firewall but it allowed me once to download something even when i was behind the firewall.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 01:43:57 PM »
        yesterday......  I'm not sure if you realize how Rapideshare works.......
        If ,I was a betting man , I would think that you either are (or have been ) using proxies to attempt to get around the waiting time .
        Rapideshare allows you to d/l only so much per hour "FREE" ..... So for example , If you enter the rapideshare link in the address bar of IE , click go or enter , you will be taken to the rapideshare page ........ scroll down to the bottom of that page and click on the "FREE" button ....... you are sent to another rapideshare page ......and you will see the time counting down ....and when it gets to Zero ........  scroll down a bit and you will see the box , which will prompt you to enter the characters shown......... ( if the clock hasn't timed out , no characters will be offered .) If you have exceeded the FREE hourly amount , you will see the message that you have exceeded your allowable D/L so either wait for (............. time will be shown ) or apply for a premium account .  
        Follow the rules and you won't have any problems  ........

dl65  ::)
        « Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 01:44:34 PM by dl65 »
        If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

yesterday

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 10:10:12 AM »
          i have been following the rules and i dont know what your on about using proxies to get around the time.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:25:54 AM »
            yesterday...... Ok , here's what I mean ......... when you go to rapideshare and want to D/L say a movie ........ you have 2 options , either the free download or a premium account ( which you pay for).
            Rapideshare also knows that there is and always will be people out there trying to find a way around not being able to get more than the allotted amount per hour FREE...... unless the user has a premium account. So their system sees and records your ip address.  Users have attempted to hide their ip address's but as far as I know this practise doesn't work.
            If you are talking about something differant please let me know.
            I D/L a lot of files from Rapideshare , so if I can assist you please let me know.

dl65  ::)
            If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.