Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't login to yahoo or ebay it won't accept...  (Read 5888 times)

aces67

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Can't login to yahoo or ebay it won't accept...
    « on: November 12, 2006, 02:35:28 PM »
    my info. I know i'm using the correct ID and password but it keeps telling me it's invalid. It's happening with yahoo and ebay and I've had both these accounts for at least 4 years now with no problems whatsoever. What's wrong?

THanks in Advance!!

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Can't login to yahoo or ebay it won't accept..
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 03:08:20 PM »
    I think I would use the procedure for a forgotten password and reset your password once you get back into your account.

aces67

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 03:37:28 PM »
      That's the problem it won't accept my login ID or my password. I tried to sign up with a new account using my current login info and it says that account is taken already. I thought it was just a problem with yahoo until my Ebay starting acting the same way. Now I'm wondering if it's a computer virus or something.

soybean

Genius
      « Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 03:54:49 PM »
      Well, try using another computer to login.  That will quickly answer the issue of whether it has something to do with your computer.  Do you have other online accounts (bank, credit card, etc.) that require secure logon?  Can you logon to them?  

Since this involves your eBay account, I think you should resolve this as soon as possible if you have a Paypal or any other financial account linked to it.  Also, you should closely monitor any financial accounts linked to your eBay account; might also be a good idea to notifiy any affected financial accounts of this situation to limit your liability in case any unauthorized transactions are charged to your account(s).

This situation may be also be indication you need to improve your password security in the future.  

aces67

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 04:03:56 PM »
        Hmmmm, it won't let me in on another computer either... So are you thinking that someone jacked my info and then changed my passwords??

soybean

Genius
        « Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 04:12:25 PM »
        Yes, I think you should assume that might have happened.  Perhaps you should visit eBay's Security & Resolution Center.  

aces67

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
          « Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 04:22:01 PM »
          How would this have happened??? We don't allow anyone..and I mean anyone on our computer so how would someone have found my info??

I looked up my user id on ebay and it says I'm from CA... I'm in TX not CA someone has changed everything about my account except for my login id. This sucks!

soybean

Genius
          « Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 04:29:32 PM »
          Did you use a "strong" password, one with numeric and symbol characters, along with letters?  How long did you use the same password?  Using passwords based on the names of spouses, children, pets, etc., especially without numeric and symbol characters, results in passwords that are not too difficult, for someone who knows you, to guess.

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 05:23:34 PM »
          Did you respond to an email from eBay (supposedly) that asked you to verify your information? If you login through a "phishing" link, your information is private no more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing

If you have a PayPal account I would check that pronto also!
          « Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 05:24:27 PM by GX1_Man »