Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trouble with WMP and IE  (Read 14077 times)

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Trouble with WMP and IE
    « on: November 12, 2006, 08:01:08 PM »
    Well, whenever I try to use my Windows Media Player, I get a message that reads, "An internal application error has occured." I've already tried fixing it with the ways posted on the microsoft website but those didn't work.

As for my IE, I cannot look at any sort of flash, and cannot login into the website www.gunbound.ijji.com ..........Any ideas?

GX1_Man

Re: Trouble with WMP and IE
    « Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:30:01 PM »
    A LOT of history on the machine, problem, operating system, etc. would be required for a response to this.

What are you using for virus/spyware protection?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 09:17:17 PM »
    www.gunbound.ijji.com is not a valid URL; it should be http://gunbound.ijji.com/.

What version of Flash Player do you have installed?  If you have not installed the latest version, you can get it here: Adobe Flash Player Download Center Windows

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:05:02 PM »
      Ok, well I just recently rid my computer of a nasty virus that had disabled using WMP, task manager, and reg editing.  *this was like two days ago* Now I have these new problems.  The computer has usually run alright (I'm sorry, laptop :P) But besides that, I've tried scanning the computer with Ad-Aware SE and nothing came up, and spybot search and destroy removed some stuff.  Any other stuff you need? *computer info*

*EDIT* I DO have the latest version of flash installed, and I know I do because it works on firefox, but any flash or video streaming doesnt work in IE.
      « Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 02:30:07 PM by poopmonkey124 »

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 02:33:59 PM »
      What other protection programs are you running ? ?

AdAware and Spybot are good programs but i hope that's not all you have in your arsenal.

P.S. More info = Type of machine; processor; amount of RAM; vid-card; OS; etc. etc.

Sylvia is on vacation this week.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 02:57:32 PM »

*EDIT* I DO have the latest version of flash installed, and I know I do because it works on firefox, but any flash or video streaming doesnt work in IE.
      I believe each IE and Firefox are independent, as far as installing Flash goes.  I could be wrong, but that's what I recall.  So, I believe you need to install Flash in IE.

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 06:04:38 PM »
        Ummmm, I don't really know anything about this laptop.  it's an old Toshiba Satellite, but anyway to find out it's specs? (video card, ram) Is there a hardware manager or something? Alas, *sigh* those are the only 2 programs I use to keep my computer virus free XD

Well, as installing flash in IE goes, I can't install it using that, whenever I go to the website and click the download now button, nothing happens.

*EDIT* Thought I might add that I can't use google image search in IE......
        « Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:20:29 PM by poopmonkey124 »

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 07:06:40 PM »
        Everest Home will tell you everything about it:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
          « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 08:04:47 PM »
          Windows XP Home Edition SP2
          Pentium 4
          Nvidia GE Force 440
          Memory - 510 mb
          37.2 GB Hard drive (Random huh?)

Need anything else? I can give you a really long report of my computer if you need, or a hijackthis log.....

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »
          More info is better than not enough. All of that and a HJT logfile por favor.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 08:33:54 PM »
          Alas, *sigh* those are the only 2 programs I use to keep my computer virus free XD

DLoad and install and then update and run AVG Free...

And add Ewido as well...also free.

patio.  8-)

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 03:44:02 PM »
            Sorry guys, it's been a while but I will get back to you in a little bit with more info on my comp.  Thought I might add, javascript links dont work...........HOWEVER only in IE.  Right now im scanning my computer with ewido
            « Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 03:57:13 PM by poopmonkey124 »

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
              « Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 03:49:34 PM »
              Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
              Scan saved at 5:48:18 PM, on 11/17/2006
              Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
              MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
              C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPadNF\TPTray.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\EzButton\CPATR10.EXE
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\CePMTray.exe
              C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
              C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
              C:\Program Files\ErrorKiller\ErrorKiller.exe
              C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
              C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
              C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
              C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
              C:\DOCUME~1\George\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.177\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
              R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.partner=sbc&.done=http%3a//sbc.yahoo.com/
              R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
              R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
              R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
              R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
              R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
              R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
              R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
              O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
              O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
              O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\YIeTagBm.dll
              O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
              O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
              O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TSysSMon] c:\toshiba\sysstability\tsyssmon.exe /detect
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPNF] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPadNF\TPTray.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPATR10] C:\PROGRA~1\EzButton\CPATR10.EXE
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEPOWER] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CePMTray.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEKey.exe] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MP10_EnsureFileVer] C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /EnsureFileVersions
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
              O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Regsister WScript] wscript -regserver
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
              O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\npjpi150_09.dll
              O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\npjpi150_09.dll
              O9 - Extra button: SBC Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
              O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
              O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
              O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
              O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
              O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
              O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshiba.com
              O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
              O16 - DPF: {3A7FE611-1994-4EF1-A09F-99456752289D} - http://install.wildtangent.com/ActiveLauncher/ActiveLauncher.cab
              O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0) - http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_09-windows-i586-jc.cab
              O16 - DPF: {CD995117-98E5-4169-9920-6C12D4C0B548} (HGPlugin9USA Class) - http://gamedownload.ijjimax.com/gamedownload/dist/hgstart/HGPlugin9USA.cab
              O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
              O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
              O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
              O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                « Reply #13 on: November 17, 2006, 04:38:36 PM »
                One more comment, this seems to be my problem, but it cant be fixed using their methods.......

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430

RESOLUTION
                To resolve this issue, use the following methods in the order that they are presented.
                Back to the top      Back to the top
                Method 1: Reregister Jscript.dll and Vbscript.dll
                1.      Click Start, and then click Run.
                2.      In the Open box, type regsvr32 jscript.dll, and then click OK.
                3.      Click OK.
                4.      Click Start, and then click Run.
                5.      In the Open box, type regsvr32 vbscript.dll, and then click OK.
                6.      Click OK.
                If either of the files do not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:
                2.      In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.
                3.      Click Expand File.
                4.      In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.
                5.      In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.

Note The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD.
                6.      In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.
                7.      Click Expand.
                8.      In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
                Open a dialog box that previously experienced the issue that is described in the "Symptoms" section of this article. If the issue recurs, go to the next method.
                Back to the top      Back to the top
                Method 2: Edit the registry
                Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
                2.      In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
                3.      Locate the following registry key:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c260-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbb58}\In procServer32
                The (Default) value data should contain the following value:
                C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JSCRIPT.DLL
                If it does not, double-click Default, type C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\JSCRIPT.DLL in the Value data box, and then click OK.
                4.      The ThreadingModel value data should contain the following value:
                Both
                If it does not, double-click ThreadingModel, and then type Both in the Value data box.
                5.      Locate the following registry key:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c261-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbbb58}\In procServer32
                6.      Repeat steps 3 and 4 to edit this key, and then go to step 7.
                7.      Locate the following registry key:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\CLSID\{f414c262-6ac0-11cf-b6d1-00aa00bbbbb58}\In procServer32
                8.      Repeat steps 3 and 4 to edit this key, and then go to step 9.
                9.      Exit Registry Editor.
                « Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 05:04:57 PM by poopmonkey124 »

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                  « Reply #14 on: November 17, 2006, 06:41:52 PM »
                  Anyone gunna help me out?

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                    « Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 08:24:58 PM »
                    And yet I'm still waiting......

GX1_Man

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 03:53:29 AM »
                    Well maybe a HJT person will be along soon.  ;)

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                      « Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 11:27:55 AM »
                      Hmmmmmmm?

patio

• Genius
                      • Maud' Dib
                        • Yes
                      « Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 02:00:48 PM »
                      Not everyone here is an expert on Hijack this logs as suggesting the wrong things can render a machine useless...

Patience.

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                        « Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 02:09:45 PM »
                        Im not sure if a virus is necessarily the problem though.  I feel like something is wrong with my registry or something......

patio

• Genius
                        • Maud' Dib
                          • Yes
                        « Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 02:32:46 PM »
                        Then in the meantime you can try this...Go to Start / Run and type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter...

Have your shiny XP CD handy as it will ask for it.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 03:58:50 PM »
                          poopmonkey124..... According to the hijack log posted , you have no Anti virus active ...... and have no active firewall either....... Is there some reason you have then turned off ?
                          The following entry must be removed ...using hijackthis.

O16 - DPF: {3A7FE611-1994-4EF1-A09F-99456752289D} - http://install.wildtangent.com/ActiveLauncher/ActiveLauncher.cab

Have you scanned your system with your AV in safe mode ?

dl65  ::)
                          If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                            « Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 04:08:15 PM »
                            Im dissapointed to say that I can't find my xp disk :( Any thing else I could do?  Also, I don't have any anti-virus software bought, therefore no firewall or anti-virus programs.....(except for the microsoft firewall )
                            « Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:10:38 PM by poopmonkey124 »

patio

• Genius
                            • Maud' Dib
                              • Yes
                            « Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 04:55:36 PM »
                            AVG and Avast are both free anti-virus programs ...

Firewalls you have a choice of 1/2 dozen free ones

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                              « Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 05:07:45 PM »
                              Well yes, I do have AVG but it isnt recognized in Windows Security Center.  I'll be sure to download a new firewall though.  Also, when scanning with AVG, i continually get this thing called Adware.NaviSearch and whenever I choose to delete it, it can't be deleted.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2006, 05:24:55 PM »
                                 poopmonkey124.....  By any chance , did this issue start right after installing IE7 ?

If AVG isnt recognised by windows , theres something else wrong as well .
                                I'm guessing you dont have a legit XP installed ......

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                  « Reply #26 on: November 20, 2006, 06:20:08 PM »
                                  On the comment about my XP not being legit, trust me, it's legit.  I had an earlier version of AVG installed and Windows Security Center recognized it, however after installing a new version, it didn't show up. *Confusing huh?*  As for these problems, yes, they did happen a bit after installing IE 7, and I also installed WMP 11 or w/e the newest version is.  WMP worked fine even after I installed, but it ran rather slow on my computer so I decided to uninstall it.  Heres a log of my  AVG scan.

---------------------------------------------------------
                                  AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
                                  ---------------------------------------------------------
                                  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\NLS.UrlCatcher -> Adware.NaviSearch : Error during cleaning.
                                  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\NLS.UrlCatcher.1 -> Adware.NaviSearch : Error during cleaning.
                                  C:\System Volume Information\_restore{9AA24420-C424-48E2-9836-6F9DF6A317C5}\RP308\A0089995.exe -> Downloader.Zlob.atg : Cleaned.

*It's too large to post the whole thing, the rest is the same thing,

:mozilla.168:C:\Documents and Settings\George\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\uftn8qpl.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.

Stuff like that with different values.

Again I must stress I DO have a LEGIT and LEGAL version of windows, I just cannot find my XP CD......
                                  « Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 06:21:51 PM by poopmonkey124 »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2006, 07:26:55 PM »
                                    poopmonkey124 ..... According to what I have seen , You appear to have a trojan in residence in your system restore files.......

This is what I would try .......
                                    1.  shut off system restore on all drives.
                                    2. D/L and save on your desktop...... the new free version of AVG 7.5 .....( don't install it yet )
                                    3. Uninstall IE7....... per these instructions..........  To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 to return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

Click "Start," and then click "Control Panel."
                                    Click "Add or Remove Programs."
                                    Check "Show Updates" at the top of the dialog box.
                                    Scroll down the list and highlight the version of Internet Explorer 7 that you are running, and then click "Change/Remove." (If you are running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview — March 20 or later, it is not necessary to check "Show Updates.")
                                    4.Uninstall Windows Media player 11
                                    5. Disconnect from the internet
                                    6.Uninstall any anti virus program still installed
                                    7.Run ccleaner ...... both cleaner and issues functions.
                                    8. Do a manual registry search for AVG  and remove any entries found ....there may be a number of them........... use the find fuction ...per these instructions .....    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1145345178
                                    9. Install the new AVG 7.5
                                    10. Go back online and get the latest AVG updates.
                                    11.Reboot into safe mode.....and run a full virus scan.
                                    12.If you have Spybot ....run it as well from safe mode.
                                    13.Reboot back into normal mode and see how things are ......... you should have IE6 back as the default browser.
                                    14.D/L and install WMP11 ....... now see how things are .......
                                    15. Post a new hijackthis scan and we will have a look.

Leave system restore off for now .....

« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 07:28:30 PM by dl65 »

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                      « Reply #28 on: November 20, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »
                                      Well thanks for trying but that didnt help at all.  I couldn't even install WMP 11 and when I tryed to removed navisearch IN SAFE MODE, it still came up with an error.........

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                        « Reply #29 on: November 20, 2006, 09:51:42 PM »
                                        MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
                                        C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPadNF\TPTray.exe
                                        C:\PROGRA~1\EzButton\CPATR10.EXE
                                        C:\WINDOWS\System32\CePMTray.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
                                        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                                        C:\Program Files\BitLord\BitLord.exe
                                        C:\Documents and Settings\George\Desktop\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                                        R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.partner=sbc&.done=http%3a//sbc.yahoo.com/
                                        R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
                                        O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
                                        O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
                                        O2 - BHO: UberButton Class - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
                                        O2 - BHO: YahooTaggedBM Class - {65D886A2-7CA7-479B-BB95-14D1EFB7946A} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\YIeTagBm.dll
                                        O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
                                        O2 - BHO: SidebarAutoLaunch Class - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll
                                        O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn1\yt.dll
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TSysSMon] c:\toshiba\sysstability\tsyssmon.exe /detect
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TPNF] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TouchPadNF\TPTray.exe
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CPATR10] C:\PROGRA~1\EzButton\CPATR10.EXE
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEPOWER] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CePMTray.exe
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CeEKey.exe] C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\E-KEY\CeEKey.exe
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MP10_EnsureFileVer] C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /EnsureFileVersions
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\jusched.exe"
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [KB926239] rundll32.exe apphelp.dll,ShimFlushCache
                                        O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [WMC_RebootCheck] C:\WINDOWS\inf\unregmp2.exe /FixUps
                                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
                                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Steam] "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -silent
                                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
                                        O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [WMC_WMPDBExport] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmdbexport.exe
                                        O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\npjpi150_09.dll
                                        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\npjpi150_09.dll
                                        O9 - Extra button: SBC Yahoo! Services - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yiesrvc.dll
                                        O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
                                        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
                                        O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                                        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
                                        O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
                                        O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.toshiba.com
                                        O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204
                                        O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93} (Java Runtime Environment 1.5.0) - http://javadl-esd.sun.com/update/1.5.0/jinstall-1_5_0_09-windows-i586-jc.cab
                                        O16 - DPF: {CD995117-98E5-4169-9920-6C12D4C0B548} (HGPlugin9USA Class) - http://gamedownload.ijjimax.com/gamedownload/dist/hgstart/HGPlugin9USA.cab
                                        O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
                                        O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
                                        O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
                                        O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
                                        O23 - Service: NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
                                        O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
                                        O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 01:36:19 AM »
                                          poopmonkey124 ...... I notice that you have installed AVG antispyware 7.5 ....... What about AVG anti virus ?

Using hijackthis , mark for removal ...the following :

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [WMC_WMPDBExport] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmdbexport.exe        [highlight]why do you have a WGA bypass installed if your XP is legit ?[/highlight]

[highlight]Whats going on with .... navisearch ....... ?  It's a program that doesnt even appear to be installed .   does it show up in the control panel as an installed program ?[/highlight]

« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 01:57:02 AM by dl65 »

poopmonkey124

Topic Starter

Beginner
                                            « Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 10:51:29 AM »
                                            Woopsie, I'll have to install antivirus, thoght i downloaded that XD.  As for my windows being legit, again, it is realy, and that thing you said to remove, it's not showing up any more, the

O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [WMC_WMPDBExport] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmdbexport.exe

Can't find that anywhere.

As for Navisearch, it's not installed anymore, but it continues to show up in my scans, and cannot be removed.

patio

• Genius
                                            • Maud' Dib
                                              • Yes
                                            « Reply #32 on: November 21, 2006, 12:30:45 PM »
                                            Again I must stress I DO have a LEGIT and LEGAL version of windows, I just cannot find my XP CD.....

Unfortunately in your current predicament this is the same as not being legit...

Borrow an XP CD backup your data and do a format and clean install.
                                            Afterwards contact the Mothership to register XP, otherwise you have 30 days to fool with it.