Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP start up problems!  (Read 2802 times)

MyKeR

HELP start up problems!
« on: November 12, 2006, 10:43:56 PM »
So,, my motherboard blew and got an Identical one and replaced it, it blew 3 days later. So then I replaced the blown capacitors and nothing happened. I then took my comp to a comp shop and they installed a new motherboard, it didnt work when I got it home, I took it back and they put anouther new motherboard in. this was working fine for a couple of weeks, then my comp got irritatingly slow and just started crashing over and over again. I restored it to 10 days ago, and it worked amazing for 20 mins, and bang, the power supply blew. So I replaced the power supply and now have problems loading XP. I get to the windows loading page, and then it just turns into a blank screen! what should I do next, how do I diagnose the problem????

thank you!

homer

Expert
    Re: HELP start up problems!
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:18:04 AM »
    sounds like you have been having a rough time, i have a question though... is the harddrive in the machine the same harddrive that has been through 4 motherboard failures? motherboards are known for "taking things down with them".  my buddies motherboard died and took his video card with it...  i would suggest a new harddrive.
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:18:30 AM by homer »

Ruse

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 03:15:08 AM »
    A lot of places wont check thoroughly, If it looks like the motherboard, they'll do that and say job done. I'd agree, and get all the hardware checked, especially the harddrive.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 03:54:43 AM »
    And if the power supply had ruined several motherboards before it blew, the new one is suspect now too.  ;)

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 05:13:03 AM »
    So, what does the computer shop people say about their great work?

They seem responsible to me. :-?
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

MyKeR

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 07:56:34 AM »
    yes it is the same hard drive!!

So you gys think that my hard drive is messed??? *censored*!

how do I diagnose it??

why is my new power supply "suspect" ???

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 08:22:11 AM »
    Free diagnostics at the appropriate drive maker's web site.  ;)

That's a LOT of things to have "blown" in a computer. What is the make and wattage of the current power supply. It should be prominently displayed on the outside of it. What did you have previously, if known. What kind of motherboards are you blowing up?
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:25:00 AM by GX1_Man »

MyKeR

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 08:40:12 AM »
    Free diagnostics at the appropriate drive maker's web site.  ;)

That's a LOT of things to have "blown" in a computer. What is the make and wattage of the current power supply. It should be prominently displayed on the outside of it. What did you have previously, if known. What kind of motherboards are you blowing up?

power supply

old-    tiger pro         TP-300        300W max 12v
    new - startech.com   AP-300X      229W max 12v

my motherboards are socket A

If my hard drive is bad, why do I get the windows loading page????

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 08:55:50 AM »
    As i said, that power supply is suspect. Further it is a low end Chinese knock off with probably inadequate wattage IF it even produces what it should. You didn't mention your other hardware, but I would try the power supply estimator here to see what you need. A quality, name brand (think Antec) power supply should be used if the components are worth anything at all.

http://www.journeysystems.com/power_supply_calculator.php

MyKeR

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 08:59:02 AM »
    As i said, that power supply is suspect. Further it is a low end Chinese knock off with probably inadequate wattage IF it even produces what it should. You didn't mention your other hardware, but I would try the power supply estimator here to see what you need. A quality, name brand (think Antec) power supply should be used if the components are worth anything at all.

http://www.journeysystems.com/power_supply_calculator.php

thanks alot!! I really appreciate your help.

I will get a new power supply and repost and update! :)

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 01:43:25 PM »
    Don't waste your money on a cheap one...as you have found out they can cause alot of grief...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "