Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP - graphics not loading  (Read 3037 times)

SpanielSells

HELP - graphics not loading
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:15:58 PM »
I was originally going to post this under Internet Explorer, but I've tried this under three different browsers and I'm running into the same problem with each browser, so I'm assuming it is a Windows-based issue not a browser-based issue.

My computer configuration is as follows:

DELL Inspirion 6000, Windows XP Home, 2gb RAM, integrated graphics card. Intel Centrino.

Browers used: IE7.0, MSN Explorer 9, Firefox 2.0

The problem:

I'm not experiencing it on this website (yet) but for the last two or three days, I have experienced problems when I'm surfing the 'Net. Graphics on pages (eBay, etc.) are not loading fully. Sometimes I get the box with the red X in it, sometimes it is just a picture that doesn't load. This started off simply enough with a few not loading, now it is a bunch of them not loading. I can't even load eBay's pages anymore.

I am a security nutfudge. I run one firewall, one AV and three anti-spyware programs.

Firewall: Norton Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition
AntiVirus: In the NIS pack, Norton AV 2005
Anti-Spyware: Webroot SpySweeper, Ad-Aware and Norton Internet Security.

All are updated, and I sweep for viruses, spyware, etc. about every other day. I have gone ahead and checked again prior to posting here to make sure that I don't have something quirky on my computer. None of my scans show any issues.

I've tried clearing the browser cache, and under Internet Options, I've reduced the content to medium security. Still, the same problems are occurring and they seem to be getting worse.

I have tried disabling Norton AV and Norton IS, but the problem still exists.

Can someone please give me advice as to how to stop this nightmare and to restore the graphic loading to where it should be?

Any help is appreciated, and if more information is required, just let me know.

Regards,
Jeff/SpanielSells
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 12:20:22 PM by SpanielSells »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: HELP - graphics not loading
    « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:35:04 PM »
    SpanielSells..... Is this something that has recently started ?
    Possibly after the installation of one of your security apps......?
    Here's what I would be inclined to try ..........
    If you don't already have it ...... get .... ccleaner....... http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/  ........ set it up per this .......
    http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1149558249 ..... note , don't let it install any toolbars.
    Then once installed , run the ccleaner part . Delete whatever shows up . Then run the issues part ....and fix anything found.
    Next ....... disable all your antispyware and firewalls ....leaving only your anti virus active.  Now go into IE .... tools/Internet options/advanced tab ...... and click on restore defaults........... Now go back and try some of the previously unaccessable websites and see if you can get to them ok....... If you can , start turning on your security apps one at a time until you find the one thats causing the problem.

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
      « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 12:38:39 PM »
      try resetting everything to defualt settings

under internet options

SpanielSells

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 12:39:08 PM »
      dl65,

yes, this is something that has started recently, but no, I've not recently installed one of these security products. They've all been running on my computer for, gosh, at least a year or longer.

I'll go ahead and try what you suggest and report back. Thanks, Jeff

SpanielSells

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 01:21:01 PM »
      I followed the instructions and I ran the CC Cleaner. It got rid of 147 issues. I rebooted.

I shut down all my security software except NAV.

I restored all the defaults in IE7.0

The problem still exists. What's the next step?
      « Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 01:21:26 PM by SpanielSells »

Fed

• Sage
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 10:02:23 PM »
        Can you try the websites from a different computer or give us a link to them.
        Perhaps the problem is outside of your computer.