Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse and keyboard not recognized by computer. Hel  (Read 5489 times)

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Mouse and keyboard not recognized by computer.
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 07:00:45 PM »
The below program may be what you need for USB.

Desktop System Software (DSS) is a utility that provides critical updates and patches for your operating system. Install the DSS program to gain support for Dell 3.5-inch USB floppy drives, CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD drives, and USB devices. DSS is necessary for correct operation of your Dell computer. DSS automatically detects your computer and operating system and installs the updates appropriate for your configuration.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R104418&SystemID=DIM_PNT_P4_8400&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=6317&devlib=0&typecnt=1&vercnt=4&formatcnt=1&libid=7&fileid=134821
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 07:01:56 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

pacorod

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 07:13:16 PM »
GX1_MAN, yes, that's the .exe file I downloaded, unzipped, and tried to install. It's for the dimension 8400 series.

I did have to reinstall Windows XP yesterday, because one of the hard drives in my RAID 1 array failed and the system crashed.

i lost many software applications and drivers. i'm  not sure if service pack 2 is installed, although the Win XP installation CD includes SP2. I've been trying to reinstall drivers and software I lost.

pacorod

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 07:14:13 PM »
street1, thank you. i'll try installing that after repair install is complete. hopefully, all will be fine.

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 08:05:44 AM »
You can also contact Dell support.  In the USA: 888-560-8324.