Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: orig windows  (Read 4399 times)

Taz_Shahid

orig windows
« on: November 17, 2006, 09:13:15 AM »
can your operating system affect gaming?

if your operating system is a copied version...

i run on xp, am sure that my copy of windows isnt legitimate, if i purchased a legitimate copy from a computer shop, would this increase my performance for my pc?

GX1_Man

Re: orig windows
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 09:40:44 AM »
Might help, wouldn't hurt and perhaps you would be able to sleep better at night.  ;)

You may have other issues, and you didn't reveal any of the problems you have, so we are left with that.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 09:42:23 AM »
Might help, wouldn't hurt and perhaps you would be able to sleep better at night.  ;)

You may have other issues, and you didn't reveal any of the problems you have, so we are left with that.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 03:10:50 PM »
Whop knows if it is an intact copy on a bootleg download. A file or two missing? Who knows what else is gone, or present?

Taz_Shahid

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 04:53:09 PM »
my system specification outclasses the system spec required to play this game, its just i seem to be having this *censored* problem which i cant seem to figure out...

so now i have come to the conclusion that it could actually be my windows.
i dont know though

Neil

Expert
  • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
    « Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 09:10:56 AM »
    And neither will we without futher information.

Proph, it doesn't matter how rich the person is, stealing is stealing.

GX1_Man

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 09:14:41 AM »
    That's right, Neil. The right thing to do depends on you, not "he" or "they".

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 06:16:35 PM »
      I'm not going to debate the morality of "stealing" virtual content, even though im for it.

There should be NO difference beetween a copied version of Windows and a "genuine" one. Absolutely none.
      I think ppl are mostly mad at u for "stealing" when they tell u otherwise. Its possible that he did not copy it correctly, but no one actually copies it today - we just use images and they are all well. If Windows Setup was missing files, it would not run well so u would know, but i doubt he installed this copy himself.

Could ur problem have to do with the OS? Yes, u may have viruses or spyware. This would mean that Windows isnt running well. You could also simply have a problem with the game, but without more info on the PC and the game, i cant help u.
      That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

unlovedwarrior

Guru

• someday this name will be known
        « Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 04:24:37 PM »
        what protections do you have on the machine?? virus spyware ect

GX1_Man

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »
        And now Taz has gone missing. I hope the Microsoft police didn't catch up to him.  :o :o :o :o

homer

Expert
          « Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 10:02:20 PM »

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 06:03:55 PM »
            And now Taz has gone missing. I hope the Microsoft police didn't catch up to him.  :o :o :o :o

Haha, yeh. Maybe they'll ask him to pay them back the 14$ Billion they lost last year because of software theft.  :)
            That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!