Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Chkdsk problems  (Read 1815 times)

johnchain

Chkdsk problems
« on: November 25, 2006, 02:38:35 PM »
I recently partitioned a new linux to dual boot Suse and Windows XP Media Center Edition.

Apparently it detects something wrong and schedules a chkdsk. However, when I perform the scan, it starts writing the same line over and over again infintely.

EDIT: It prints this line endlessly....

Code: [Select]
Inserting an index entry into $0 of file 25.
Also, I notice errors when back in XP. Random things like at random times there are periods of slowness (It used to never do this, I have no spyware at all and I have defragged with top of the line stuff). When I download from a normal browser download manager, it tells me that Access is denied? So I have to use DAP to download stuff. This also happens when saving documents, access denied.

I used partition magic to install the linux. Maybe it has something to do with a partition being hidden or something. But it can't be access denied cus my hard drive is in use.

I assume all of these errors have something to do with the chkdsk. I also used a WInXP cd to run a chkdsk and it freezes  like a quarter of the way through (about the same where the normal Chkdsk starts printing something infinitely)

Checking google....

Any help appreciated  :)

EDIT::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Well, I'd figure that it's best to post my solution. I found my self to be very impatient. I just let the chkdsk run and it finished....I have no errors of any sort anymore. Thanks anyways.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2006, 11:07:36 PM by johnchain »