Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Media Center Receiver Service HELP ME!!!  (Read 3261 times)

karrbass4life

Media Center Receiver Service HELP ME!!!
« on: November 26, 2006, 06:22:59 PM »
This is my first time on this forum.

This computer is only 2 weeks old and im running into a problem that happens every 30 seconds it seems. I get this LOVELY message.

"Media Center Receiver Service has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I click Don't Send and it reappers. I Sent it 100 times. Still happens. Help me fix this. I want to throw my LCD screen through a window because of this thing. I cannot enjoy my new computer because of this.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

GX1_Man

Re: Media Center Receiver Service HELP ME!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 07:03:58 PM »
I would hope you got a warranty with that. I would recommend utilizing that before any monkeying around with it, and certainly before throwing it.  ;)

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 09:20:46 AM »
Return that machine for a replacement with XP installed instead...Media Center has known issues.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

karrbass4life

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 08:17:37 PM »
well it's ready for the new Windows, and I have a copy coming when they get released. IT is Windows XP, but just with the media center since it has a tv tuner. I think i got a warranty, not a long one tho. :sigh:

mcf747

Beginner
    « Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 10:31:34 PM »
    I have Media Center it works great the only thing is its not like power point, wnen you watch tv it will go into screen saver mode (I find it takes about t double the time you set), but it does. My only complant. I love it.

I lied one other. it can sometimes freez up if I have a lot of tv stored and it is trying to find the links for them all so I can select them, but I think that is because I only have 1 gig. of ram and i work my computer too hard. :o