Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "index.html" broken or not in usable format  (Read 8669 times)

Smokey1961

"index.html" broken or not in usable format
« on: November 26, 2006, 10:28:30 PM »
Hello, I am having trouble downloading pics from my Fugi 2650 camera. Everything was working fine then one day I cannot download pics. When I plug it in to my PC (Windows XP) it gives me the( "index.html" broken or not in usable format ) error box. It doesn't matter if I use the USB cable or plug the card into my printer still get same error box. I first used system restore, it did not help. I then uninstalled Fine Pix Viewer and put CD in and re-installed with no change. I am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.
Regards, Jeff

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: "index.html" broken or not in usable format
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 11:07:53 AM »
memory flash card might be bad.... Try reformatting it. It should mount as a drive say letter G: or something like that in "MY COMPUTER" or Windows Explorer.

After formatting, place back into camera, make sure camera has a fresh charge or set of batteries, and try it out..

If you were using the camera under a low battery condition, data could have been written back incorrectly to the flash card.

Dave

Smokey1961

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 12:10:11 PM »
Thank you for the reply! I guess I should have stated that the camera will download on my wifes computer with no problems. I will try what you suggested but like I said it will work on my wifes.
Thanks, again.
Regards, Jeff

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:41:14 PM »
If you open My Computer with the camera attached and switched on, does it appear there under Devices with Removable Storage?  Also, does the Safely Remove Hardware icon appear in the Notification Area when you attach the camera?

Have you tried a different USB port on your computer?  Can you try another USB device on the port that is not working for the camera?

BTW, do you switch the camera on before or after connecting it to the computer?  I believe it should not be switched on until it is attached to the computer.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 01:54:41 PM by soybean »

Smokey1961

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:57:32 PM »
If you open My Computer with the camera attached and switched on, does it appear there under Devices with Removable Storage?(yes "G")  

Also, does the Safely Remove Hardware icon appear in the Notification Area when you attach the camera? (Yes)

Have you tried a different USB port on your computer? (Yes)

Can you try another USB device on the port that is not working for the camera? (Yes my Printer)

BTW, do you switch the camera on before or after connecting it to the computer?  I believe it should not be switched on until it is attached to the computer.
 (Manual says off until USB cable is connected then turn camera on.)

I talked to Fuji on the phone and they said it is a "Registry" problem? Could just be telling me that to pass the monkey on down the line, told me to call Gateway.
When I get this error message it locks up my computer and they only way I can get out is to restart. I can download pics on my wifes computer so I assume I can rule out anything to do with the camera and pic cards?

Thanks for the replies, still crossing my fingers.
Regards, Jeff

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 06:04:53 PM »
It is possible there is a registry corruption issue...
Go to Start/Run and type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter...
Have your XP CD handy as it will ask for it.
Let it run to completion, re-boot and see if this works.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Smokey1961

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 06:11:49 PM »
It is possible there is a registry corruption issue...
Go to Start/Run and type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter...
Have your XP CD handy as it will ask for it.
Let it run to completion, re-boot and see if this works.

Is that sfc (space) /scannow?
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Regards, Jeff

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 07:15:06 PM »
Yep...don't forget the space.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 07:58:23 PM »
Since you've mentioned a possible Registry issue, I suggest you download CCleaner and run it.  Be sure to run the Issues scan; that's the Registry cleaning part of CCleaner.  No gaurantee that this will make any difference but CCleaner is very safe to use and is a good computer maintenance tool.  

If you want to learn more about CCleaner before you use it, go here: http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour/.  But, I suggest you download it from the above site rather than CCleaner's site.  The full download from their site includes the Yahoo toolbar, which I suggest you avoid.  However, if you download the full installation file from CCleaner's site, you can elect to not install the Yahoo toolbar; the option appears on screen soon after starting the installation.

Smokey1961

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 08:38:39 PM »
First off a Big Thank You to all who replied!

I did the scannow thing and a window came up with "Trapped Exception in TPKCOPYFORM::fCopywDelete" I have no idea what it is but I just restarted comp and went from there.

I got my pics to download but not like it used to do. I now have to go to My Computer - FinePixG - DCIM - FUJI100 then my pics show up. From there I right click on pic and select "open with FinePixViewer then I can drag and drop pics into FinePixViewer and do my resizing and saving. Like I said not the way it used to be but I can live with this! Thanks again so much for the help I've been fighting this since summer.

Thank You Again!
Best Regards, Jeff
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 08:39:53 PM by Smokey1961 »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2006, 08:17:53 AM »
Glad to hear you are all fixed up....and stop by anytime !