Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: SCANNER SOFTWARE problem  (Read 2930 times)

crudshoveller

SCANNER SOFTWARE problem
« on: November 25, 2006, 03:30:38 PM »
I am using (I was using) HP4570 scanner. It will not let me remove the software (error 2343) and reinstall from disc. HP fix of loading old 4070 software to get rid of removal problem does not change anything. I am guessing it is the recent IE7 download that has screwed things up as I have heard bad reports of this kind of thing from others. Any experience of this kind of thing? Do I have to reload the operating system (and maybe go back to IE6) to eradicate the problem?  

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

GX1_Man

Re: SCANNER SOFTWARE problem
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2006, 05:35:02 PM »
IE7 strikes again? Thanks, Microsoft.  ::)

crudshoveller

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 09:13:43 AM »
Thanks gentlemen - I was given the registry option by HP by I have never been into that side of computers before and fear I may screw up thru misunderstanding the instructions or because of some unforseen glitch. After all, removing software and reinstalling is pretty basic and scanjet screwed up with that operation which is why I am in this pickle. I am leaning towards grabbing my essential stuff on USB removable media (my DVD writer is refusing to recognise my blank disc too (more IE7?)), then reinstalling the operating system - supposing no glitch occurs in that operation in which case it may be Russian roulette with a full clip for me.
Thanks again for the advice.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 09:14:44 AM by crudshoveller »

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 03:39:37 PM »
A reload of Windows would definitely solve the problem, whatever it was.  ;)

mcf747

Beginner
    « Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »
    make sure you back up first
    « Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 10:47:21 PM by mcf747 »