Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HD Data Rate steadily decreasing  (Read 3048 times)

nothirdeye

HD Data Rate steadily decreasing
« on: September 26, 2004, 07:24:07 PM »
Greetings, I recently formatted my hard drive (WD 120 gb 8.4 sec seek time) due to some nasty trojan/adware problems that had crippled my computer previously. After removing quite a few entries in my processes using hijackthis, my computer has begun running efficiently again. However, one of the main problems before was that my computer had stopped allowing me to capture video using Studio 9. It would capture very choppily, and with ridiculously low frame rates, often of one frame per half a minute or so. Now that I've reformatted and cleaned off my computer, Studio 9 (reinstalled) says that my data rate is not fast enough to capture. Each time I test it, it seems to be getting lower and lower. What could be causing this? My tv cap card and dvd burner are now useless for archiving home movies.

Raptor

Re: HD Data Rate steadily decreasing
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 06:59:30 AM »
Perhaps your airflow or fans are obstructed with dust or other objects and cause your PC to become too hot?

Computer Cleaning Information

Is your hard drive properly configured and detected in the BIOS?