Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Urgent need help please read!!  (Read 1935 times)

cyberunner9g

Urgent need help please read!!
« on: November 28, 2006, 10:14:12 PM »
So, I have a major paper due in a few days, and just this evening i spilled water all over the keyboard of my laptop.  It's an Averatec tablet with microsoft windows xp.  It's been having issues with the moniter for awhile--I have to beat on the egde of the screen to make it clear up, because the pixels go all wierd, like turning colors, especially red.  When the water spilled i immediatly turned the computer upside down to prevent water from seeping into the interior.  The sound that had been playing went all funky so I turned off the laptop.  A few minutes later i tried turning it on again, but the pixels kept turning blue and red so that i couldn't see images.  I tried beating on it like always but then the WHOLE screen started turning red and pink in horizontal and then vertical lines, and nothing i did fixed it. So I turned it off again, and it took me at least 4 pushes of the power button to actually get it to turn on and boot up, after it repeatedly turned on for a few seconds, then shut off.  SO the fourth time was succesful.  It's still taking many tries to turn it on and boot up.  Also, there's no sound, not even the little startup ditty.  There's just crackling.  Plus, when I try to play something, the music doesn't play--and i mean that the progress bar and the seconds countdown don't move, even though a song is selected.
This is the final straw.  I am getting a new computer come Christmas time.  Until then, I have the end of a semester and allof its' papers to finish.  So i need the computer to work.  Any suggestions?

pcfool

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: Urgent need help please read!!
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 10:46:38 PM »
    take out your hard drive, try to find a temp pc to continue your work, sent your laptop to repair,
    that what i'll do,
    anybody got any idea?

pcfool

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 11:57:45 PM »
      what can i say is u still lucky u can recover your data in hard drive. i'm not that lucky like you.
      i blow my hard drive before i pass up my final project and only recover back 50% from my backup disk. :-/

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:01:12 AM »
      Frequent backups on anything other than a hard drive is always a good idea.

You're going to need to get that machine repaired as it has multiple issues so salvaging the data is the way to go. You can get a desktop to notebook drive adapter for about $10 at a computer shop, compUSA, etc.