Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need a Good Game  (Read 7011 times)

GeneralPsycho5

Need a Good Game
« on: November 28, 2006, 02:25:29 PM »
Alright, I have two Geforce 7950 GT's running in SLi mode and I need to know a game that will take full advantage of this.  Anyone know of any games that will look beautiful and stunning with these?

homer

Expert
    Re: Need a Good Game
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 06:11:59 PM »
    what about "oblivion"?

DivineZeal

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 09:10:24 PM »
    If you're into MMORPG's World of Warcraft is a great game.  Be on the lookout for Warhammer Online too

skyinthesea

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 06:01:56 AM »
    Don't get halo!! the graphics maybe good with everything set to max but the game play is shocking!! what sort of games are you into? Driving, FPS, RPG, strategy? theres plently of good games out there though

GeneralPsycho5

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 08:02:35 PM »
    I personally like RTS and first person shooters but I have some of everything and I really don't mind.  My main goal is to take advantage of the graphics cards and to not pay money for an online game (I.E.   W.O.W.)

ZealEmpire

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 09:00:23 PM »
    For RTS I think Age of The Empires 3 is currently the most demanding but dont quote me on that.   For first person Oblivion is by far the most graphic intense game there is.  The first quater of 2007 will yeild some mega titles to test your rig such as Command and Conquer 3

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 05:47:42 AM »
      C&C 3   Awesome ....

ill see what i can find and do a review !!!

Not for 6 months at least.
      That's Right, I am a Graphics Card Expert!

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 05:56:10 AM »

F.E.A.R.
        Call of Duty 2
        Doom 3
        Age of Empires 3
        Civilization 4
        Oblivion
        Hitman: Contracts
        G.R.A.W
        Half Life 2
        Black and White 2
        Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
        Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow
        Unreal Tournament 2004
        Sims 2
        Painkiller
        Company of Heroes
        Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
        Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
        Far Cry
        Battlefield 2/2142
        Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
        Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
        Tomb Raider: Legend
        Quake 4
        X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
        Psychonauts

And many many, many many more..

ZealEmpire

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 06:46:31 AM »
        C&C 3   Awesome ....

http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=command+and+conquer+3&N=0&find.x=37&find.y=6&find=Search

Here is the November trailor for c&c3 the res is kinda suck but you get the point on how much this game is going to pwn... http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwN9apYKaA4
        « Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:52:40 AM by ZealEmpire »

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 12:07:29 PM »
          C&C 3   Awesome ....

http://www.ebgames.com/search.asp?Ntk=TitleKeyword&Ntx=mode%2Bmatchallpartial&Ntt=command+and+conquer+3&N=0&find.x=37&find.y=6&find=Search

Here is the November trailor for c&c3 the res is kinda suck but you get the point on how much this game is going to pwn... http://youtube.com/watch?v=wwN9apYKaA4

I never said it wasnt going to pawn.

Ive been waiting for this game for 4 years.

ZealEmpire

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 03:38:16 PM »
          C&C 3   Awesome ....

I never said it wasnt going to pawn.

Ive been waiting for this game for 4 years.

I just wanted to show everyone the ownage trailor  :)

homer

Expert
            « Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 10:10:43 PM »
            I personally like RTS and first person shooters but I have some of everything and I really don't mind.  My main goal is to take advantage of the graphics cards and to not pay money for an online game (I.E.   W.O.W.)

then Age of Empires 3 for RTS and Battlefield 2 and 2142 for FPS.

ZealEmpire

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 07:48:44 AM »

WoW is good and is bad.  

Good because it limelights the pc gaming industry (which is really necessary in this day and age)
            Bad because it might be all Blizzard spends their time with.  By this I mean it might make them say hey we have 5 million subscribers which is brining us millions each month lets just make more and more expansions for WoW and scrap any other potential projects such as a sequel the The Frozen Throne, Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.

ZealEmpire

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 07:49:29 AM »

WoW is good and is bad.  

Good because it limelights the pc gaming industry (which is really necessary in this day and age)
            Bad because it might be all Blizzard spends their time with.  By this I mean it might make them say hey we have 5 million subscribers which is bringing us millions each month lets just make more and more expansions for WoW and scrap any other potential projects such as a sequel the The Frozen Throne, Starcraft 2 or Diablo 3.

Track

Apprentice

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 12:50:34 PM »
              They will do whatever gets them the most money, but there is not much to do with WOW today. They have been working on it for years and they have done a pretty good job, despite the horrible graphics.
              An expansion pack is not a good idea for them because making ppl who are adicted to the game buy another one isnt nice.. but it is a good way to make a profit. Ive never played WOW before, but i doubt it costs money to subscribe, so they arent making much off of it.