Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Does my comp meet the minimum specs for this card?  (Read 2401 times)

Elmolax

Does my comp meet the minimum specs for this card?
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »
I am looking for a cheap better graphics card for my comp so I can run my games a little better, adn found this card http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1776106&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

I know almost nothing about the internal workings of my computer and have no clue if mine meets the minimun specs for this card.
I attached my DirectX report (dxdiag) with all my specs.

Sorry if this is a waste of time r a dumb question, but all help is much appreciated.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Does my comp meet the minimum specs for this c
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:24:37 PM »
I don't see your specs or attachment...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:25:26 PM »
A DX diag report is of little use. Better yet to run an Everest report and copy and paste it in here for review. Without knowing what you have, or even if you have an AGP slot, the discussion is pointless.

That card seems to have a lot of happy buyers, based on the reviews. Not state of the art, but reasonably priced. The question is will it work in your system?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:26:51 PM by GX1_Man »

Elmolax

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 08:27:47 PM »
any specific part of the report you want me to c&p?
It's a pretty big report...

GX1_Man

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 03:00:11 AM »
OK, on that ASUS board you have onboard video (S3 unichrome) but there is an AGP slot, so that AGP card would fit in just fine. When installed it will automatically disable the onboard video so just install the drivers for the card and you are good to go.

You will also get that amount of RAM the onboard video was using back for use by the system so the machine should run a little faster with it's full 512 RAM. That's an extra bonus.

HP's have notoriously small power supplies but the fact that this is not a "killer card" is also a bonus.

I think you're good to go with that purchase you planned. Let us know how you like it.