Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Power Point issues  (Read 4828 times)

Raptor

Power Point issues
« on: September 27, 2004, 11:01:01 AM »
I recently started working with Power Point and I have a few questions regarding this program.

• Can I download spell check language packs?
  • How do I add an allready existing Dia to a presentation?
  • How do I find out what size the white sheet is that I am looking at? (Amount of pixels, inches, etc)

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2004, 11:01:26 AM by Raptor »

Raptor

Re: Power Point issues
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 12:04:17 PM »
Bump.

tallyman

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 12:59:45 PM »
A bit silent, not many PP users I guess, must admit I tend to use just the default settings so never bothered messing around much with the rest. Anyway - I don't know about previous versions of PP, but for PP2003 you can use different language packs as set in Start/Programs/MicrosoftOffice/Office Tools/Language settings.  This will apply to all Office programs.

Not too sure what you mean by Dia, so can't help there.

Size of 'paper' is set the same way as other Office programs - File/Page setup - measured in cm

Hope this is what you mean.

Regards

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2004, 01:48:46 PM »
Much obliged, Tallyman.

I am not quite certain how I would translate 'Dia'. I am talking about the pages you create with Power Point. In Dutch they are called 'Dia's'.

I have got another question about the Spell check option, it seems to check only for English spelling errors even though, after following your instructions, the Dutch language pack is installed.

robertmillar

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 02:07:58 PM »
To insert a new slide (Dia), press ctr+m or click on the insert menu, then click new slide

Click tools, language and select the language you want.  Power Point will use the dictionary of all languages selcted if they are available
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 02:12:35 PM by robertmillar »

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 12:46:50 AM »
To insert a new slide (Dia), press ctr+m or click on the insert menu, then click new slide

I would like to insert a slide I created earlier on but is stored as an individual file.

I fixed the spelling issue, thanks, I had to set Dutch to the default language.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 12:48:06 AM by Raptor »

tallyman

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004, 07:35:36 AM »
Don't know if this will be much help, but in PP2003 you can choose 'insert/slides from files' which lets you choose to add existing presentations as part of a new presentation. No idea in which version this was first available.

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 09:58:58 AM »
Once again, very much obliged, Tallyman. That was the option I was looking for.