Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: canon S450 printer - photo printing - black missin  (Read 3205 times)

bigspace

canon S450 printer - photo printing - black missin
« on: September 27, 2004, 11:24:25 AM »
Ok, this is a long shot as I found another forum where a lot of folks are having the same or similar problems. Maybe one of you knows if Canon or someone else resolved it? Here goes:

system = WinXP home

I just bought a new Bc-32e photo cartridge (black/cyan/magenta ink). The problem is:  when printing any kind of a multi-color image (jpg, bmp, etc), the black or really dark areas do not print and I end up with this negative effect, showing the other color (red, blue, or combinations thereof) instead of the dark/black. Here is what I've tried so far to resolve:

- new cartridge/head (obviously)
- updated the drivers
- tried printing on glossy and matte photo paper
- tried printing both of the above on both Glossy and High Resolution print settings, and on plain paper on Plain setting (note: Canon informed me that the S450 is not set up to use the 'glossy' setting, but it will print on glossy paper; doesn't appear to be a difference printing glossy or matte/satin paper).

I went into Adobe Photoshop and laid out a test pattern in CYMK color of pure cyan, magenta, and black and all three colors print true by themselves, so the various inks are getting through the cartridge and onto the paper. It's just this thing of when they try to print as an image.
thanks much,
bigspace ???

Raptor

merlin_2

Re: canon S450 printer - photo printing - black mi
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2004, 01:22:24 PM »
Try cleaning the printhead..