Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Anyone know where I can get Adaptec DirectCD?  (Read 3160 times)

windowsguy89

Anyone know where I can get Adaptec DirectCD?
« on: December 03, 2006, 12:21:43 AM »
I recently formatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows, because I was having a problem starting up my computer. http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1164870313

As you can see from the link above, its up and running again but I can't restore the programs that were on the computer before I formatted the hard drive. One of which is the Adaptec DirectCD program, which is a CD burner. Does anyone know where I can get this program, or something very similar to it?

GX1_Man

Re: Anyone know where I can get Adaptec DirectCD?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 06:06:48 AM »
Roxio owns this program now and it is not available for free. Have a look here for a free substitute and many other great programs:

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1143816298

Did you get your sound problem solved?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 06:07:30 AM by GX1_Man »

windowsguy89

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 09:47:48 PM »
I downloaded and installed Deepburner from the link, but my computer still won't read the CD's I burned before I reinstalled Windows. Does anyone know how I can get my computer to read CD's burned with the Adaptec DirectCD program?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 10:09:23 PM »
They probably weren't burned/finalised properly in which case i would suggest ISOBuster...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

windowsguy89

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:51:41 PM »
I downloaded and ran Isobuster, but I can't extract the files from my CD. I entered the key, but it still says I need to register to extract files. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »
You could always download a prog. that comes with a (illegal)serial via torrents maybe...But still whatever helps.
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.