Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AGP Trouble  (Read 2206 times)

Rakija

AGP Trouble
« on: December 03, 2006, 07:51:59 AM »
OK im new here and first I appolgise for my bad english.

The problem in short is that I canīt get no AGP BUS although the graphic card and motherboard support AGP 8x.

Here is al about my PC that I can think of:

Motherboard: P4Dual-915GL
Procesor: Intel Celeron D 2.66GHz, 533 Mhz FSB, 256KB L2 Cache
RAM: Kingmax 1GB + 256MB (unknown)
Graphic Card: HIS Radeon 9250
Hard Disk: 40GB Samsung WDC WD400BB-75DEA0
Other: Sky Star 2 DVB card
CD\DVD drive: _NEC DVD_RW ND-4571A

I have ATI drivers that came with my card (6.14.10.6517) I tried updating them *censored* when the update is finished I end up with 4-bit color quality and a low resolution and canīt change it. The ATI smartguar shows that all AGP buses 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x are avaliable *censored* when I svitch to one of them and reboot the sistem it just turns the BUS of.

I asked this question many thime on few other boards and didnīt get any response so please help!!

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: AGP Trouble
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »
Have you checked your MBoard manual on how to set this up ? ?

I'm assuming it is a setting in the BIOS since that board supports PCI, AGP and PCI Express
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Rakija

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 10:45:37 AM »
No there is nothing in the BIOS (I have AMI bios >:( )for that and occording to the manual there is no jumper. The motherboard is able having both the PCI express and an AGP card simultaneusly. *censored* I saw on my friend motheboard (I canīt remeber which one it was) he got the AGP drivers for his motherboard on a CD, I tried to find AGP drivers for my motherboard on the internet *censored* I had no luck with that.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »
Here is the page with your drivers just cause i'm in such a bubbly mood...

Here Ya Go

Rakija

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 11:12:53 AM »
Yes I know about that site I have searched it back and fourth and still didnīt find what I need. I tried already everithing I could think off with this problem. Aniway I think the problem is in the Graphic card becouse it  dosent work like it shoud on any other driver than i have now. I have been thinkin about replacing that card with a PCI exprees one *censored* i saw that itīs not recomended to use 16x PCI Express cards. Now what thoes that mean exactly that the card wount work properly or that it will work only on 4x PCI Express BUS.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 11:22:12 AM »
Well i have to admit that their site isn't built all that well...

Try Here

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 11:41:44 AM »
I think this is the driver patio sent you to.

Did you try it?

http://download.hightech.com.hk/driver/Radeon_8_231/8.231-060221a1-030896C-ATI.zip

Note: Users must have Microsoft's .NET Version 1.1 Framework prior to installing the ATI driver/Catalyst Control Centre(CCC) components.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 11:43:50 AM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Rakija

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 02:01:06 PM »
OK got the new drivers working this time *censored* the problem is still there. I noticed that every time I tried to set an agp BUS or change the drivers the login screen laged. I think that is becouse the drivers are triing to use agp BUS *censored* for some reason it dosent work and they just turn of the agp BUS. Well thanx for your trouble *censored* you still didnīanvser my other question, can a 16x PCI Express buss card (Lets say GeForce7600GT) work on my motherboard which ha only 4x PCI Express BUS.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 03:58:52 PM »
You can run that card on there but i believe it will drop to the default level the board supports which would be 4X...