Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP wallpaper/background  (Read 2720 times)

ajpearson

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Windows XP wallpaper/background
    « on: December 04, 2006, 12:48:26 PM »
    OK - was going to change the background/wallpaper on my machine.  Went to the desktop, right click etc etc and there was a list of images.  Now what suprised me was that a large number of the listed images were NOT ones I had ever selected as backgrounds.  It was almost as is XP had located a number of other images from my C and D drive and selected them as candidate images.  This is really NOT what I want.

How can I purge this list of potential images from the list of options??

I would prefer to be selective of the images I removed from the list - but if I must then I will remove ALL the images - BUT I do not want to delete the pictures from the PC.  What I want to avoid is the selection as a wallpaper or background of images that are NOT ones I want to select.

If this makes sense - please let me know how to purge this list of options as backgrounds

Many thanks

ajpearson

Topic Starter

Rookie
      Re: Windows XP wallpaper/background
      « Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 01:05:47 PM »
      TYPICAL

5 mins after I have pulled out my remaining hair, posted a help request here - the answer presented itself.

Application called HELLO - well it has an Outgoing folder, and all the images that I did not want available as wallpaper/background images were in the Hello Outgoing folder.  Deleted the contents of the folder and they all vanished from the list

Simple once you know how.

Sorry for any trouble.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Windows XP wallpaper/background
      « Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 01:11:15 PM »
      A belated welcome to Computerhope, ajpearson.
      Thanks for posting your solution here even though you solved the problem yourself soon after you posted the problem, it could be helpful if anyone else has the same problem as you
      We love success stories here, even if we didn't help  ;)