Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: CD drive doesn't know theres a CD in it (Code 19)  (Read 1955 times)

Tiwiliwunga

CD drive doesn't know theres a CD in it (Code 19)
« on: December 04, 2006, 03:45:05 PM »
When I put a CD into my computer it doesn't do anything. I've tried every CD I have and it doesn't change anything. I found what I would think has to be the problem. In My Computer I went to Properties and Hardware and it says theres a problem with the DVD/CD-ROM drive. It is telling me the problem is this:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I've tried everything the Troubleshooter says to do and its not a new piece of hardware. The only thing I haven't done is go into the registry and try to fix whatever is wrong. Thats because I don't know what to fix or where to look for it or anything that would do me any good.

If anyone can offer any advice or tell me other information that you would need to help it would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:36:35 PM by Tiwiliwunga »

GX1_Man

Re: CD drive doesn't know theres a CD in it (Code
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 06:24:43 PM »
Try deleting the item in Device Manager and then restart the machine. What happens now?

What happened prior to this that may explain what has happened?

Tiwiliwunga

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 08:36:05 PM »
It worked ;D. Thank you very much for the advice.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 04:25:54 AM »
You're welcome and thanks for posting back with your success.  ;)