Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB/Printer Update  (Read 1770 times)

janmcl

USB/Printer Update
« on: December 07, 2006, 02:38:54 AM »
First I want to Thank all that help me with my printer problem(From Oct.24th post) After messing with the darn thing I finally figured out that where the USB cable connects to the printer bit the dust. Does anyone know if this can be fixed? ( It's a Epson CX5200) It still works as far as scanning, just can't get it to connect with my computer. I took it over to a friends house and installed the software on his computer and it still wouldn't  work being hooked up to his computer. If not I would like your opinion on either the Epson RX620 or the Epson RX700, pro's and con's. I know Epson has had some bad talk, but I've used a Epson printer for years and have been quite pleased with them.
Thanks.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: USB/Printer Update
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 03:58:05 PM »
Unfortunately printers are getting to be like Bic lighters...when they run out of gas just throw em out.

Look up Tom's Hardware Guide on the web for hardware reviews. Pick your price range and go from there.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "