Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: canada compatible?  (Read 2108 times)

jezguy

canada compatible?
« on: December 08, 2006, 04:16:04 AM »
Can anyone give me some compatibility info for uk computors shipped to canada.

I understand a new PSU is required for the main components but I'm wondering if the monitor is power compatible with canada if fitted with the appropriate power lead, and would the same go for the printer? The monitors I have are a gateway and acer input power for both reads ac 100-240v 50/60htz.

Thanks
jezguy

mikewithaprob

Re: canada compatible?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 04:53:23 AM »
What sort of Computer do you have?

jezguy

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 05:08:53 AM »
It's a PC not a Mac, really it's the monitors and printer power supplies I need to clarify. I know some computors have a switch apparently to go from 220v to 110v. I actually fitted the Zalman PSU myself so I'll check to see if this has one somewhere.
Any other related compatibility with Canada info will be appreciated, such as cd/dvd drive issues perhaps, or anyone with shipping info, or long term use of transformers?

I'm finding this kind of info hard to come by for obvious reasons, but please only post replies if you're sure of your info as guesses will only add to the confusion, cheers.

Thanks
Jezguy

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 04:50:32 PM »
Europe is 220 in most cases...what do you run in Canada ? ?

Any 1/2 way decent components including PSU's and monitors will have the appropiate switch.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jezguy

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 05:28:59 PM »
Thanks for that.

I did find a switch on my old PSU so I'll assume there is one on the newer more expensive zalman unit until I have chance for a look.

I have two flatscreen monitors, an acer and a gateway. Any idea where this switch might be (in or outside the casing) or will they be auto switched with the appropriate lead or adaptor when plugged into the canadian mains?

I have done some some searching but I guess this info isn't called for much.

Thanks again

linuxlover

Hopeful
  • That's not Data!
    « Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 09:47:47 PM »
    Canada is between 110V and 120V.
    System Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    1024MB DDR400
    GeForce 7600GS
    160GB SATA II