Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Canon scanner won't scan  (Read 1772 times)

mcowdrey

Canon scanner won't scan
« on: December 08, 2006, 07:12:21 AM »
Recently purchased Canon canonscan scanner ( lide70). Can't copy ( or print) using Canoscan Toolbox or the "copy" button on scanner. Get message "unable to scan. Make sure that there is enough space on targeted disks" ..Talked with Canon people. They were able to make the scanner work using my Photostudio program. They say that the scanner works and that it is a computer problem..probably not enough virtual memory.I went to Control Panel-System-Advanced-Performance-advanced-virtual memory- and changed initial size to 3072.......didn't correct problem. Can't find any solutions using my browser. Can you folks Help? This is my first submission to your group.
Maury

centerstage

Re: Canon scanner won't scan
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 08:37:13 AM »
I'm not sure if Canon tech support walked you through this already, but first off, see that you have the newest drivers.

A little more info on your system would be nice.

mcowdrey

Re: Canon scanner won't scan
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 09:42:04 AM »
Thanks for your reply..Got problem solved through Dr Tech. It was in some Windows Temporary files.. appreciate your responding. Maury