Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: After merging partition, file can't show...!  (Read 1924 times)

iamgood

After merging partition, file can't show...!
« on: December 10, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »
oh dear, pls...pls...need some help here.

recently i decided to merge my 2 separate partitions back into 1. So i open the Partition magic, go to the 2nd partition, right click and choose "merge'. A msg box pop up and show that my 2nd partition (D) will become a folder in the 1st partition (C). After this i did not change any setting nor request any other changes and the computer reboot and start doing the merging.

I've done this before and roughly know that this wouldn't take long but this time it took 2 hours to finish the process during which i saw some weird msg like 'correcting error in file...', 'deleting index entry...' and recovering orphaned file...'

Finally it's over. But i was so surprise to see that after all this time waiting, the 2 partition DID NOT merge. What worst is that and all the files in the 2nd partition disapprear!! But later i found out that there was actually files in the 2nd partition but just can't see them, the computer is not showing them, coz when i click 'property' in 2nd partition i can clearly see that the partition is occupied but just CAN'T see the files. I further check with Partition magic and the program also show that there was some files in the 2nd the partition. However, in partition magis the status of the 2nd partition was show as 'None' rather than 'Active'.

I would really appreciate you guys to kindly guide me on how to recover my precious files in the 2nd partition. Pls let me have your reply very soon. Thanking you in advance.

Jo
[email protected], [email protected]  

GX1_Man

Re: After merging partition, file can't show...!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:00:31 AM »
This is so FUBAR'ed that you should really contact Partition Magic for help with resolving this. I am aassuming this is a legal copy so you are eligible for support?

I haven't used the new version since Symantec bought them, but it used to be a several step process, not one, to accomplish what you tried.

iamgood

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 04:18:25 AM »
hi GX1_Man,

been using the partition magic (or tragic) for quite some times with no problem but this time...

anyway, i'll try some recovery program suggested by my friends. i think i've learned my lesson and will back-up my data if i were to use partition tragic next time after this...hoping can get +ve result...

thx so much for ur opinions...appreciate it...  ;)

Good day  ::)

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 04:28:42 AM »
Good luck and let us know how it goes.  ;)