Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Explorer-Page has Expired?  (Read 3297 times)

jack4855

Internet Explorer-Page has Expired?
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:20:55 PM »
Warning: Page Has Expired...Wha??? When I go to certain--but not all--web sites and click the "back" arrow I get the message "Warning: Page has expired". Something about the page no longer beingavailable and directing me to the "refresh" icon. This has just started happening recently. A virus? Something I'm doing wrong?? It's annoying..

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Internet Explorer-Page has Expired?
    « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:40:47 PM »
    jack4855.......  The example you listed is not uncommon, but just to be on the safe side, post a link to the site your having the trouble with and we can check it for you.
    If its just the odd site , theres probably nothing wrong with your machine and your not doing anything wrong .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

jack4855

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 11:51:54 AM »
    Two that I have accessed and encountered this problem with are "Rotten Tomatoes.com" (a movie review site) and, embarassingly enough, "Cupid.com", the internet dating site. The problem occurs at other sites as well.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 12:29:17 PM »
       jack4855..... I just tried going to http://www.rottentomatoes.com/  then I tried clicking various links on the opening page ....... one at a time ......and when each of the new pages opened , I used the back button to go back to where I had just come from . I tried at least 6 differant links and did not run into your issue.  I wonder if somehow one of your settings has been changed. How about trying this ......... open IE and click on tools/internet options/security tab .... then click the restore defaults button and then apply and ok........ Now go back into Tools/internet options/advanced tab .... click restore defaults , click apply and ok ....... Now go back to rotten tomatoes and have a go and see if things are ok .

dl65  ::)
      « Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 12:29:50 PM by dl65 »
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.