Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cmos checksum error defaults loaded  (Read 2365 times)

awhidden

cmos checksum error defaults loaded
« on: December 12, 2006, 04:47:14 PM »
Last night I put together a new machine. I took the hard drive from my old machine and put in in the new machine. I then booted up and got the error "cmos checksum error defaults loaded". The machine would then take me to the screen asking what mode I wanted to run Windows in and when I chose a mode, reboot itself.

After browsing through forums I came to the conclusion that I needed to reload XP on my new system machine because it finding it on the hard drive. When I cam home from work today to do so, the power supply wasn't working. The lights on the motherboard work but nothing else happens when I try to power on the machine. Below is my system. Thanks!!

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard
eVGA 256-P2-N443-LX GeForce 7300GT 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card
AMD Opteron 150 Venus 2.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor
Kingston ValueRAM 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Ram

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: cmos checksum error defaults loaded
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 09:15:26 AM »
That machine needs a brand new shiny CMOS battery part # CR 2032...dis-connect all power before replacing it and take the neccessary anti static precautions...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "