Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have tried to look for awnser no luck HELP  (Read 6287 times)

eagles

I have tried to look for awnser no luck HELP
« on: September 29, 2004, 09:33:02 AM »
I hope someone out there can help me. This is the trouble. I have a lap top (fujitsu) runs on windows NTand 95. I don't have enough drive space to load much more programs. I need to load spywear,newer version of antivirus, ect. It has a pentium processer and 1.5 GB hard drive with about 5.40 MB left. My aunt had the lap top before me and used it for work. I have tried to delete programs she had on here off thoughADD/REMOVE but I get error message. I would like to find away to remove unneeded programs but unsure which ones I can delete safely without messing things up or just do restore. I don't now how to do system restore to factory and I don't have the right windows disk to do it with. Please help me someone.
 PS. I also have trouble with one web site that will not let me click short cut to next page with lap top but can did it with desk top slow dinossaur with windows 95. confused on this too.

eagles

Raptor

Re: I have tried to look for awnser no luck HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 09:56:54 AM »
Advanced Uninstaller Pro 2004 and Advanced System Optimizer V2 are good programs to clear disk space and have your system run smoother.

You can drop and drag shortcuts or other types of files onto Advanced Uninstaller Pro 2004 (Once it is installed) and it will  function like the Add/Remove software menu.

eagles

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 12:17:23 PM »
ok where would I get this software and how much would it cost? Will I tell what I can delete ect?

Computer_Commando

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 12:27:38 PM »
...I have a lap top (fujitsu) runs on windows NTand 95. .....I have tried to delete programs she had on here off thoughADD/REMOVE but I get error message...

This computer has both WinNT and Win95?  If trying to Add/Remove while in WinNT, you must have Administrator priveleges or logged in as Administrator.

Raptor

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2004, 05:44:45 AM »
ok where would I get this software and how much would it cost? Will I tell what I can delete ect?

The names are hyperlinks, click on them and you will be taken to the appropriate website.

They can do quite a few things, especially Advanced System Optimizer V2 which allows you to clean the registry, remove redundant files, encrypt files, remove spyware, etc, etc. The list goes on.

Advanced Uninstaller Pro 2004 isn't quite that thorough but you can drop and drag shortcut icons onto it and it will uninstall these programs for you.

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2004, 05:49:10 AM »
http://www.systweak.com/asov2/ - Advanced System Optimizer V2

http://www.innovative-sol.com/uninstaller/index.htm - Advanced Uninstaller Pro 2004

Both these programs are able to remove faulty entries in your registry that may cause your system to clog up. They can also remove files that you no longer require.

However, to uninstall programs, you can use Advanced Uninstaller Pro 2004 to drag and drop .exe files or shortcuts and it will uninstall these programs for you.

I suggest you look into both, a 30 day free trial should be avaible. You may wish to register, Advanced System Optimizer V2 is a must have for any computer user.

Follow the instructions carefully, even though these tools will do the work for you, it is better to read so you know what's going on.

Raptor

eagles

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 10:09:03 AM »
 :)Hi Raptor,

I went to the site to down load the free trial BUT found that it size was 9.05 MBs and I only have 5.54 MBs or so on hard drive.  What can I do about this I'm stuck :'(.
Not sure if I should down load this to fix problem :-/ ???

thanks eagles

« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 10:11:52 AM by eagles »

Raptor

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 11:57:25 AM »

I went to the site to down load the free trial BUT found that it size was 9.05 MBs and I only have 5.54 MBs or so on hard drive.  What can I do about this I'm stuck :'(.

You can manually remove programs you no longer need. Once you have the program installed it can thoroughly clean your hard drive and allow you to properly uninstall other programs regain control of your laptop.

Not sure if I should down load this to fix problem :-/ ???

You mentioned earlier on that your Add/software menu in Windows does not function like it should, yes?

Installing Advanced Uninstaller Pro 2004 allows you to uninstall programs like you'd use the Add/Remove software menu but without actually using it.. Just as effective.

Why the hesitation?

eagles

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 12:26:55 PM »

:-/well the ` I hesitate is that I don't have enough room for program on hard drive don't want to crash computer have enought problems right now

eagles
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 12:29:53 PM by eagles »

Raptor

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004, 12:39:04 PM »
What kind of answer are you looking for?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2004, 12:39:23 PM by Raptor »

eagles

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 06:37:20 AM »
 :-[Raptor,

Sorry the light bulb went off in my head this morning while checking drive space on lap top. I feel like an idioit!!!! ::) Looking at the numbers again I noticed that my brain was reading the them wrong. I was miss placeing the decimal point. Thanks going to down load program and will let you know how things turn out.

eagles ;)

Raptor

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 06:43:46 AM »
Not a problem. Come back if you have more questions.

May I ask why you run both Windows NT and Windows 95?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 06:44:22 AM by Raptor »

eagles

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 02:00:01 PM »
Hi Raptor,

Ok I down loaded that program but I said it would not work with windows 95 needed 98 or better. So I guess I'm back where I started.  To answer your ? I don't run both of then not sure if NT is running or not. But it has it labeled on the side of screen. Just wanted to make sure I covered all of it. This was my Aunt's work computer before I got it.

Eagles

merlin_2

Raptor

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 03:29:15 PM »
Hi Raptor,

Ok I down loaded that program but I said it would not work with windows 95 needed 98 or better. So I guess I'm back where I started.  To answer your ? I don't run both of then not sure if NT is running or not. But it has it labeled on the side of screen. Just wanted to make sure I covered all of it. This was my Aunt's work computer before I got it.

Eagles

Should Windows NT be installed, you would most likely notice this during boot up where it will show a menu that chooses you to boot from either Windows 95 or Winows NT.

Should Windows NT be installed, you may be able to run these programs from that Operating System.