Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: turn a cdrw into dvd burner  (Read 3495 times)

smhills27

turn a cdrw into dvd burner
« on: December 15, 2006, 03:50:55 PM »
 :) hi all can anyone help me. this may sound mad but i really have done this before not sure how but it worked has anyone seen a program out there or softwear that could change this device

fffreak

Adviser

• That's right I am a final fantasy freak.
    • Yes
    • JSPCRepair
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: turn a cdrw into dvd burner
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 03:54:44 PM »
turn a cdrw into dvd burner
This is not possible. What exactly are you trying to burn? If you are burning a video you can just use VCD or SVCD.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 03:54:54 PM by fffreak »
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

smhills27

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 04:00:03 PM »
all it is that i have a lot of dvd r and only have cdrw in pc i do have dvd recorder but cant link them (shame no usb port) about a year ago before i frinstalled my pc i had a program on pc that i lost it made a host drive then some how it played and recorded on to dvd ?????

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:01:40 PM »
Is your dvd burner external? or internal?
Computers are the future, not us. Learn everything you can about them while you still can, soon they will be learning about us... Every bit of advice that I give you is best guess, it is your choice whether or not you listen to it.

smhills27

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 04:07:45 PM »
dvd burner is a dvd hdd under tv job if u get me best dvdhdd on the market i think its a lg ive had 15 units starting with sony cant beat it plays divx and copys cd to hdd and back holds about 1000 divix films and 20h tv prog its only got 80gb hdd ????? strange and its only 120 quid now but it does not have usb witch is a shame but i just tyhourght of something i could just take out hdd and load what i want then replace it !!!!

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »
all it is that i have a lot of dvd r and only have cdrw in pc i do have dvd recorder but cant link them (shame no usb port) about a year ago before i frinstalled my pc i had a program on pc that i lost it made a host drive then some how it played and recorded on to dvd ?????

this is not possible as seeing the CD and DVD discs are totally different and a cdrw is not meant to read a DVD. DVD media uses a thinner plastic substrate than CDs. This reduces the depth of the layer that the laser must pass through to reach the pits to record or read data. This reduction originally resulted in disks that were 0.6mm thick which is half the thickness of a CD. Not only that but the lasers, data pits, and access times are also different between a CDs and DVDs.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 04:23:48 PM by fffreak »

smhills27

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 04:22:04 PM »
ok thanks for the help i think ill go a get a dvd rw drive save a lot of time

fffreak

Adviser

• Yes
    • JSPCRepair
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 04:30:56 PM »
Your welcome. That is the best and ONLY way.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 05:50:32 PM »
A dual-layer DVD burner right now is around 40 bucks...quit trying to re-invent the wheel...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 04:51:30 AM »
A dual-layer DVD burner right now is around 40 bucks...quit trying to re-invent the wheel...

[size=36]patio,your timing is impeccable . LO-Frickin' L.[/size]

Picture is From Cartoonstock=No Plagarism intended. ;D

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 04:54:16 AM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.