Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System starting problem  (Read 5178 times)

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: System starting problem
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2006, 11:51:13 PM »

One of you motherboard IDE plug-in ports could be bad and you could use a PCI addon card.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 11:52:14 PM by street1 »
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Dread

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 09:51:21 PM »
    Finally, it turned out to be the M.Board problem & its burnt. The RAM slot smokes (damaging the RAM ofcourse ) & hence i guess I gotto change the M.Board. So, guys, my question is : Any chance of the CPU getting damaged too ? ... I was thinking to get a M.Board (462 socket) compatible with the CPU I have (AMD Athlon AX 1600 DMT3C)... well, thats the current M.Board & CPU I have of which the M.Board is burnt.

I didnt wanted to spend much so trying to be economical here. Pls suggest, i guess the information above is sufficient for the new readers too.

GX1_Man

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2006, 06:11:15 AM »
    If the RAM is ruined then of course the CPU being destroyed is another possibility. If you have a repair shop nearby they may be able to check it for you for a few bucks to prevent throwing good money after bad. Other than that there is only the "try and see" approach. A bad power supply can cause all of this damage by the way. You stated it was fine, but I am not convinced at all.
    « Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:13:03 AM by GX1_Man »