Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Drivers  (Read 2336 times)

dworley

Topic Starter

Beginner

Printer Drivers
    « on: December 18, 2006, 12:01:34 PM »
    Hello all,

I am trying to consolidate all of my printer drivers on to one CD.  I have about seven different printers (all HP, all different models) that I would like to have the drivers for on one CD.

The problem is that the CDs for each printer are already pretty big.  How can I tell which files I need and which ones I don't?

My question is really about the drivers: how can I tell what files are actually required and which aren't (other than just trial and error, which isn't working out so well right now...)?

I am running windows XP Professional. All of the printers are HP printers. Their drivers are not already (unfortunately) integrated into XP.

Thank you,
    -darryl
    Have you forgotten?

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Printer Drivers
    « Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 12:19:32 PM »
    If it were me, I'd go to HP's website, download the drivers for each printer to a separate folder with a name that clearly identifies the folder, and then burn all those folders to a CD.  You can get started here: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

dworley

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Printer Drivers
      « Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 03:03:47 PM »
      gah... of course... duh, sorry i feel like an idiot, hehe

thanks soybean,
      -darryl
      Have you forgotten?