Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer Reverting  (Read 4218 times)

Tyson Lee

Computer Reverting
« on: September 29, 2004, 07:43:19 PM »
I don't really know what is the problem, but whenever I turn my computer off completly, the next time I start it up, it will be reverted to a certain point.

And when I mean reverted, it will be like anything i did between the point of the revert point and whenever I shut the computer down didn't even happen. It's getting a little annoying because I can't save anything, can't download anything, because it won't be there the next time i start it up. I just started leaving my computer on all the time, but I know this isn't good for my computer.

If anyone has any idea what is causing this, please post. I pretty much don't have a computer anymore. I'll provide more info if anyone needs. I just don't know what more to include.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Computer Reverting
    « Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 09:02:51 PM »
    Tyson Lee.......When did this issue start ? What operating system are you using ? What Virus scanning app are you using ? What spyware app are you using?
    Are you able to send and receive Email ?
    Are you able to surf ok ?
    What were you doing just prior to all this starting?
    "I just started leaving my computer on all the time, but I know this isn't good for my computer."  How do you know leaving your pc on is bad? My p/cs run 24 /7s and have never had any problems in 7 years .........
    Please give us the answers to what is listed above.

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 09:04:36 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.