Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AOL email addresses  (Read 1900 times)

mlcee31

AOL email addresses
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:53:52 PM »
 :-?

When typing an email address in AOL email, AOL will infer the correct address based upon entries in your address book. Unfortunately, every email I receive goes into my address book. This is sometime very inconvenient, particularly for email addresses that I use often. Example: I often email RANDANNA. Up until recently, as soon as I typed RA, the correct address would appear in the address box. I recently got an email from an unknown party with the email address RANDANTER. Now when I type in RANDAN, I will get RANDANTER. Even though I deleted that address from my Address Book, it still shows up as an option for the address I'm typing. HOW CAN I GET RID OF IT????

Thanks everyone for your help.

Marty

GX1_Man

Re: AOL email addresses
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 07:41:47 PM »
Try using CCleaner (free download at www.ccleaner.com) Be sure to uncheck all of the install options except the first one when you are loading it. If this doesn't get it, you will be stuck with checking with AOL, but ccleaner is a handy tool for every system anyway. It deletes a lot of garbage in your system and is safe.  ;)